When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seadweller With Correct Helium Valve--is Is Available??

Estaban

The SD Angus has looks quite good in this department. There was a nice review of in the old RWG. Doesn't look to have the massive case of the TW but that one unfortunately has the incorrect HE valve.

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/pure...LEX/SEADWELLER/

Added: I second Ubi's suggestion which I mentioned to you via PM. :)

Jet

Edited by Jetsons

Ubi is right on about the vintage SD. If you can get a MBW. The modern SD with the correct HE valve has a bad case and visa versa with the one's that have a correct case and back. Hopefully that enough interest will develop so a rep can be made with the right stuff.

• 1 month later...
Remember, synthetic saphire=mineral glass in some cases.

What does 1:1 mean in rep language? Better get a clear definition. :huh:

I don't know what 1:1 means, but I can assure you that Joshua sells nothing with mineralglass as sapphire - synthetic or otherwise.

I would expect that all "real" sapphire crystals are actually synthetic.

Bill

I don't know what 1:1 means, but I can assure you that Joshua sells nothing with mineralglass as sapphire - synthetic or otherwise.

I would expect that all "real" sapphire crystals are actually synthetic.

This is not the case.

Joshua, and others of course, call Mineral Glass "Synthetic Sapphire". This has been discussed and shown to be true on numerous occasions.

hello mr randito, how hard would it be to fabricate that? are the HE valves in reps already in the proper postion on the case?

Hmmmm... I wouldn't think it to be difficult to fab- We already know that rep manufacturers have access to Ti and can machine it... I think that there are bigger areas for improvement though, i.e. the case dimensions, etc. that can be improved upon first before worrying about the valve ;)

This is not the case.

Joshua, and others of course, call Mineral Glass "Synthetic Sapphire". This has been discussed and shown to be true on numerous occasions.

Well my pugnacious friend, I have searched thru Joshua's site and I see that he has a number of watches that are advertised as having synthetic sapphire crystals - and judging by the price of the few I looked at, I would expect them to be the "bottom of the food chain."

Evidently, you got me there - I must admit that I was mistaken.

The thing that sticks in my mind, is when so many people were complaining that their Fiddy from other dealers came with a mineral crystal, I had a 127 on the way so I asked J to clarify and he assured me that mine was sapphire - and it is.

Bill