When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Changing The Crystal On A Mbw

Edge

Right lads, I need some advice as to the best device for replacing the retaining ring on my MBW 1680. I was using a torch which was PERFECT, or at least I thought so, right up until I managed to break it, as is was a cheap torch with plastic and rubber.

Any ideas, what do you guys use???

Randy don't be smart and post pics of your omega, I don't have one lol and it seems a bit steep to buy a watch just to replace retaining rings HAHAHA!!!

So c'mon what you use???

Chris-

You can use a crystal press :)

....Or an Omega case :lol:

Seriously... If you have an old empty watch case (preferably around 40mm diameter in size), you can probably use that. With the caseback off, the case should fit around the Tropic and onto the ring just right. I just tried this with one of my practice Rolex rep cases, and it fit just as nicely as my Omega case that I use.

Chris-

You can use a crystal press :)

....Or an Omega case :lol:

Seriously... If you have an old empty watch case (preferably around 40mm diameter in size), you can probably use that. With the caseback off, the case should fit around the Tropic and onto the ring just right. I just tried this with one of my practice Rolex rep cases, and it fit just as nicely as my Omega case that I use.

The only spare case that I have here is a cheap SD and I can't get it to fit.

Currently don't have a crystal press either lol.

Chris