When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Opinions On My Daytona 6263 On A Strap...

eye.surgeon

Putting the 6263 on a black strap looks cool. It would be even more convincing w/ the Rolex logo on the clasp. It gives the watch a different feel or look, should we say- more vintage maybe.

I have the same watch and I think I'm going to have the hand on the six o'clock subdial immobilized. That way it won't bother me as much. Of course, my real "to-it" project (who knows when I'll get to it) is a DW V72 kit so I can put my V72 movement in it and get as close as possible to the real thing.

I have the same watch and I think I'm going to have the hand on the six o'clock subdial immobilized. That way it won't bother me as much. Of course, my real "to-it" project (who knows when I'll get to it) is a DW V72 kit so I can put my V72 movement in it and get as close as possible to the real thing.

Lol, I've got the DW V72 kit, with the extra 6265 bezel, but haven't bought the movement yet. Just when I get close to funding the purchase, I end up buying another watch or sending one out to get modded!

• 1 month later...

I like the alternative look of leather with the vintage Daytonas. It is a refreshing break from the all-too-common oyster bracelet.

Vintage chronos and leather go very well together.

I also agree, add a Rolex strap buckle & you've got yourself a winner.

Here's an old shot of one of my vintage chronos strapped with leather and with a Rolex buckle:

85186-29545.jpg