When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

eBay crown Gen or fake? (updated with pics)

ravishingrick

So what about these crowns for sale on eBay, gen or fake?

link

eBay Item number: 190182431684

Update:

Crown arrived, as promised some pics.. I am convinced this is 100% gen. Finish looks excellent, looks to be made of brighter SS and is just a tad thinner the the palp crown, also has a "deeper dish" then the Palp crown, and is spring loaded.

Left eBay crown, Right Palp 2.1 (both for auto)

post-406-1198084665_thumb.jpg

post-406-1198084673_thumb.jpg

post-406-1198084681_thumb.jpg

post-406-1198084689_thumb.jpg

they had one for sale a week or two ago...I was looking at that listing...

the other crown they sold was packed in a little plastic box with ref. number sticked on it...I think I have downloaded those pics...If anybody needs them I can look on my laptop and post them...

as for it being gen or not, I dont know...they seem to be different from the one that have been sold by the turkish guy on the bay and bought by many members on the forum...but on the other hand, it seems that different generations of PAMs have different looking crowns..

I am not an expert on these, maybe other members could tell you more...

here is the auction number that ended : 190172699999

Edited by dadog13

I bought one genuine crown from a US based Panerai dealer and it came in a sealed blister pack with reference numbers on it, but I'm not sure if it looked like the one in the 190172699999 auction picture - I'll check and see if I still have the packing.

The crowns on Ebay look very like the sprung crowns fitted to some of the reps, which had coarser / less teeth than some of the unsprung versions.

Well I purchased one of these crowns from this seller, I was convinced by the pics in his earlier adds and his 100% positive feedback that his crowns where gen. His pics in his latest adds make me doubt the authenticity, look too skinny to me. I shall post some pics once I received the crown...

No way that's a gen 44mm crown. 40mm maybe...but the finish looks too rough compared to the OEM crown I'm looking at right now.