When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is there a person in this galaxy...

Guest Sql_pl

I start to loose faith that I will ever own a damn MBW OffShore.

I am trying to get one since the very first day they were released... yes it is like a year already!

Tried with George... the communication was problematic and ended up with no puchase.

Then a couple of members offered their help. No luck either.

One was very close to getting me the watch but he encountered some family issues and failed to get one.

I thought I will finally have it when TTK started to offer MBW/MBK watches... asked him a couple of times.... when he listed an EOD or later when it was his Panda offering. Never got a response.

As I was buying quite a lot of watches from Watch Prince I asked him if he can get me a ROO. He said he could but it would take like a month or two. So I waited. And waited. And it finally turned out he can't get me these.

Then Paso came. Was very good in contact but some health issues made it impossible for him to get me one when we first started discussing the deal a couple of months ago.

Now I got back to Paso and everything was OK until it turned out the black dialed Themes OffShores are temporarily unavailable. I am not sure what is up with him but his response time got worse recently....

And guess what? Angus said he is able to source gen MBWs directly from a factory! Wow! I always had great deals with Angus so it sounded like really great news!

But no difference here. I am already waiing for like over a month and the watch seems to be not available.

How did you guys with these MBWs ever aquired them?

Do I have to go to that damn MBK stall by myself to get that Grail????

Is there a person here who by any chance lives in Thailand and would be able to go there and get me such watch?

Please let me know.

Oh and while we talk MBW OffShores... if you have one, please post some pics... maybe they will ease my pain a bit.

Thanks

Maciek

@maciek.....how did you contact me.....on Skype......I can't see anything from you.....and I do very little e-mail nowadays...!

I'm picking up 4x on Friday.......NO End of Days tho'.........if you want one ...send me a PM on here......!

TTK

Awesome watch, PAM1A and good recap of how you came to build you collection.

Maciek, you'll get one...I thought you were going to get the one on the FS forum? As long as it's available, I'm sure TTK can help. If you're not 100% set on the black Themes dial, consider the blue dial with indices. I know the numbers are nice, but unless I'm wrong (tastes change within your collection over time), but PAM1A, who probably has the most exposure to these bad boys next to TTK or the dealers, says that the blue dial is his favourite of them all. I'm not going to lie, I actually had the notion that the dial might be gen, when I first received it. It actually changes colour under different light. It will turn grey under low level lighting. Yes, I'm not joking- that's what made me think it could be gen...that and the micro detail level of the dial- far beyond what I've seen in Reps previously.

That being said, I have to assume that the level of finishing of the black Themes dial is of exceptional quality also. Send the crystal out for double-AR, and oh boy. I honestly don't know- but it might surpass the ceramic HBB once it has AR.

I was in BKK last month and this model at the MBW shop. I loved it, but was not able to pull it off. The lug design on this model did not allow the bracelet to sit properly on my 6.75" wrists. I then tried on the EOD model that has a different lug design and the nylon strap. Fits much better, but the strap was too long!

I love this design, but my small'ish wrists won't allow it...Good luck to you on your hunt!

Just as a quick update.

Christmas miracles seem to start working!

There are 3 (THREE!) dealers right now with Black Dialed ROOs available!!!

I will let you guys know which of them I chose.

Thanks!

I've been looking at these for awhile...the only thing holding me back was the subdials, are they correct? with a double AR, these might be fantastic!

dave