When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai experts please check out this 1950 on ebay. over $7k bid

wan

Please check this out and if it turns out to be a rep i hope somebody saves these bidders from a expensive mistake by reporting this to ebay. If its genuine then my eyes are getting old.... Ebay item # 110203388046

Let me know what you think? Thanks, Wan

Please check this out and if it turns out to be a rep i hope somebody saves these bidders from a expensive mistake by reporting this to ebay. If its genuine then my eyes are getting old.... Ebay item # 110203388046

I emailed the seller to ask the caseback# and he said it was 117 (so i was right!!!! FAKE)

Interesting. The watch's provenance is very dodgy (check out the questions asked & answered section); two months old and no papers.

You know there was a Fiddy stolen from a Risti member around two months ago -- it disappeared from the back of a FedEx lorry. IIRC, it wasn't in its box. It was traced to an eBay dealer, and the owner didn't keep others updated so I don't know what happened.

I see at least one Risti member asking a question about it, and others even openly trying to buy it OUTSIDE of eBay, which contravenes their rules. Phone number and everything, hooboy, that's desperation.

The strap is the butterscotch one, and the case looks like a rep box BUT I think the watch itself is real. This could be that missing Fiddy...or it could be another Fiddy that went missing, like a famous Risti member's 127 that was lifted from the table en pleine GTG in NYC!

Check it out: hxxp://www.network54.com/Forum/385842/

"Operation Save the Fiddy". Beautiful. Anyway, Wan, hope this isn't a scam...

EDIT: Oh 117? Fake. Looks like an Eddie Lee Special at that. Message to eBay to alert them coming up.

I let him know in a round about way. My first message to him was "Let me know if the Panerai turns out to be genuine".

Something occured to me yesterday, but I didn't think it right to cast aspersions on the buyer.

Still, I wonder if he really bought an 108k Patek Philippe OR if it is a duplicate account of the guy selling the Fiddy? That way you can leave yourself good feedback on a pricey item for future (larger) scams.

-- The one logistical hole is that there were plenty of others who wanted to buy the watch, but maybe the seller got nervous, and decided to bail on his own item. It also presumes a third dupe account, WRT the Patek --

This must happen ALL the time on Fleabay. Ironically, dupe accounts as we have seen daily here for a while..., are immediately removed I presume by targetting the IP of the member trying to cloak himself on RWG.

Fancy that, a rep watch forum has more care in protecting its members than the world's largest boot sale.

Not to mention its membership are trying to protect others from being scammed. Not Fleabay, that's for sure.