When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gone & Done It!

nc35

Hi All

Been reading, reading & reading joined all 3 of the popular forums and I hope I have made the correct choice. Both dealer - Andrew and Watch - "the Ultimate"

Was set on a Daytona - the nicest Rolex IMHO. But yes, everyones comments put me off.

I would like a watch for everyday use to replace my old gen Tag. I do not dive, rarely swim, but can never remember to take a watch off to shower or bathe.

So the ultimate seems ideal.

The common theme is to get a rep serviced asap - if Andrew is a good as everyone says - this has been done. This is good as i do not know where to take a rep to here in the UK the "ultimate" voids the additional expensed and inconvenience.

Its also nice to think that the watch can fool most of the people most of the time. One round on the golf course will probably tell a true tale.

Also if Andrew does answer his own emails and is to be believed, the ultimate is his fav sub rep. Perhaps the extra $150 wets his tongue :lol:

Finally here in the UK I am able to take advantage of the exchange rate. $488 is the same as a watch from any high street, but who has a hobby collecting watches from Wallmart/Asda

Opps nearly forgot to say thank you to all members of this informative forum.

Kind regards

Lee

p.s. promise to post pics when it arrives :)

I'm very interested in seeing pix and reading your thoughts. I have Andrew's $218 sub with serial#F520117 (same as noob) mounted on a skunk NATO strap and get tons of compliments.

I've often wondered about the "correctness" of the case and rehaut on the ultimate. $488 is a lot to shell out for a ETA copy sub. I'd be interested in knowing if you think it's worth it.

Personally, I think its worth it (although I think it was $388 not $488). THe movement is great, it accepts gen parts and looks perfect. Many movements, even the ETAs, are not in "tip top" shape. Also, there are quality control problems as some here have said. The extra money gets the movement taken apart, cleaned, lubed, put back together and gets the who watch tested to be water resistant to like 30m (or maybe 30 ft), either way, I believe the extra money is WELL worth it, if even just for peice of mind.

Personally, I think its worth it (although I think it was $388 not $488). THe movement is great, it accepts gen parts and looks perfect. Many movements, even the ETAs, are not in "tip top" shape. Also, there are quality control problems as some here have said. The extra money gets the movement taken apart, cleaned, lubed, put back together and gets the who watch tested to be water resistant to like 30m (or maybe 30 ft), either way, I believe the extra money is WELL worth it, if even just for peice of mind.

Supermoves, I believe we are talking about 2 different watches. I believe the one you refer to is:

http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...products_id=796

Whereas the watch the OP (and I) was referring to is:

http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=1234

Am I right?

I remember reading about people paying for the service on watches they bought from dealers and the service not having been performed. I don't remember what dealer it was, but if you're thinking about paying for that service, it might be a good idea to do some searching on the forum for info about it to make sure that you're getting what you paid for.

I don't have any personal experience, as the only watches I've bought from dealers were TTK's Noobmariner and some quartz watches from Silix, but I figured I'd give you the heads up since, IIRC, the watch service was something like $100.

Hey MJ, you are right about your links. But if you look at the descriptions, I actually cant find anything different (except maybe the polish on the bracelet?)

I dont see what the extra-extra $100 is for. I say extra-extra, because the one I got is already an extra $100 for the additional work...so the "ultimate" is extra, extra...lol