When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSN Pam 055

StormTooper4

<br />I really like the 055/116. I'm actually thinking of buying one as my first gen PAM. How is the color of the numbers? Is it white or more greenish?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

The numbers are quite green and perhaps a little too striking at first but I've got quite used to them now and I think its just a mixture of AR, Brown dial and of course the Lum.

I think given the somewhat small production run of this base model at 1500 has made Gens quite expensive to get. There is currently one on fleabay. But the Pics did not seem that good.

Well...you've solved a mystery for me!!....I recently bought a solid caseback for my 036, and it has the exact same markings!!...I looked up the #'s on Google, and it is correct for the 055, but according to the info I saw, the 055 should have a display back, not a solid one...Oh well...who cares!!...I love your 055 AND my 036...The tobacco colored dial really makes the watch stand out!!...Wear it in good health!!

Well...you've solved a mystery for me!!....I recently bought a solid caseback for my 036, and it has the exact same markings!!...I looked up the #'s on Google, and it is correct for the 055, but according to the info I saw, the 055 should have a display back, not a solid one...Oh well...who cares!!...I love your 055 AND my 036...The tobacco colored dial really makes the watch stand out!!...Wear it in good health!!

Glad to help and thank you for the compliment. Yeah the solid case back is a winner, though I do enjoy a peak in the back of my 127 everynow and then. I think member/supporter sssurfer has a great detailed spreadsheet on all the pam refs , alas i dont seem to be able a find it as it may have gone http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...l=PAM+reference lucky for me I printed out a copy. (thanks to SSS) perhaps a PM and he might send you a copy

but he points us here http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=60933 but im still looking for a simialr quality reference sheet

all the best

055 = solid Ti caseback, definitely not display :)
Great!!...Now all I need is a base movement, dial and hands to build an 055 when I get tired of the 036...BTW...I put the 036 display caseback onto my 192....Seems such a shame to hide that pretty ST-19 movement!!

IMG_5513.jpg

IMG_5514.jpg