When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Next Aquisition Speedmaster Broad Arrow

shive

I have been thinking about the next watch I would like to add to collection and I am looking for suggestions! I would like to get a SPEEDMASTER WHITE DIAL with BLUE trim. There seem to be a lot of options. I'm hoping you all might be able to suggest the most accurate, best built rep available! Your input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Shive

I have been thinking about the next watch I would like to add to collection and I am looking for suggestions! I would like to get a SPEEDMASTER WHITE DIAL with BLUE trim. There seem to be a lot of options. I'm hoping you all might be able to suggest the most accurate, best built rep available! Your input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Shive

I have one on its' way from Joshua and according to the tracking, it should be here Wednesday. Just a recap from what has been posted here: Very accurate rep and beautiful but powered by the infamous Asian 7750 so rub that rabbit's foot! Subdial position is a bit off, a by-product issue of the movement but since the Speedy was produced in about a thousand variations, I can live with it. I'll post Wednesday evening and let you know first hand.

I received one from Andrew last week. (Whitel dial and blue hands/markers). However I ordered the one with the asian 21 jewel movement w/faux subdials. I also ordered a Breitling Navitimer w/7750 movement and the cost of buying two watches with said movement was beyond my watch buying budget at the time.

The speedmaster I recieved is real nice, has a nice weight and feel and pretty much looks like it's more expensive counterpart, sans movement.

I also didn't want to chance two 7750's, but the Breitling is showing no signs of problems, keeps good time and chronos reset perfectly, so we'll see.

But I loved the look of the speedmaster so much especially in the white/blue color I had to have one, maybe one day I'll update to working chronos, but honestly don't think I care as much now having it.

Thanks

Shive

And just a comment. ALL reps have flaws. There is no perfect replica or close to perfect replica. It depends on what you are willing to live with. The Rolex's, Panerais, Omegas and Breitlings are the most copied so the replication errors are usually fewer in those watches but even watches produced in large #s can have some whoppers on them. I loved the Breitling Series Speciale until I noticed the "B" on the chrono second hand was backwards! I loved the Breitling Chrono Avenger series until it was pointed out to me the 3000M water resistance rating on the back of the beautifully engraved case said "300M". Crown guards on Submariners, date magnification cyclops issues, centered or uncentered (which is true to the original hummmm?) "Swiss Made dial printing, slight differences in subdial spacing, etc...... I'm the kind of person who tends to focus on the crooked line as soon as it's pointed out to me. The point is, the holy grail probably does not exist and anything that gets close is a champion only as long as that watch happens to be produced in that way. There doesn't appear to be much accuracy to original feedback to the manufacturers here, just production of what sells. At the top of my list 2 weeks ago was the Vacheron Overseas white dial SS bracelet. It was talked about at length here about how relativly flaw free it was in appearance until new owners started posting the bracelet screws were soft as butter and were stripping or falling out.

[if you like that "look"..blue hands and markers...Try the AT-XL from trusty it's got an el-cheapo cn movement, but it's a very striking watch on black leather...Just don't look too closely at the engraving on the back!!... :black_eye:

WTF for @$100.00 it's a great buy!!.. :thumbsupsmileyanim: