When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 111H - A Cool Affair

rolli

hi all,

here is the pam 111h - a cool affair

all parts are separate purchased,

case with sapphire, crown, crown-guard and caseback,

the best case which i could get,

dial and hands with rc-tritec super luminova made by my watchmaker,

movement with cote de geneva,

hands pinion h3 and all parts assembled by my watchmaker,

strap: mario paci 1

strap at the wrist: mario paci 2

enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tu:

rolli

post-2837-1198346157_thumb.jpg post-2837-1198346179_thumb.jpg post-2837-1198346191_thumb.jpg

post-2837-1198346220_thumb.jpg post-2837-1198346232_thumb.jpg post-2837-1198346244_thumb.jpg

post-2837-1198346255_thumb.jpg post-2837-1198346266_thumb.jpg post-2837-1198346277_thumb.jpg

post-2837-1198346287_thumb.jpg post-2837-1198346298_thumb.jpg post-2837-1198346309_thumb.jpg

post-2837-1198346320_thumb.jpg post-2837-1198346331_thumb.jpg post-2837-1198346342_thumb.jpg

post-2837-1198346352_thumb.jpg

With your reviews, I click on a random embedded photo. I chose a winner today!

111h015dw1.jpg

Rolli, I know you're discrete, but question -- do you get your parts on Fleabay or does your watchmaker-modder track them down, etc.?

Either way, your 111h is all the visual proof of why this should be MY first Panerai gen. Congrats!! :wub:

i never buy pam parts on ebay or blowflybay.

my watchmaker is only there for my technical wishes and unfortunately he have to do it always very quick. :p

rolli

With your reviews, I click on a random embedded photo. I chose a winner today!

Rolli, I know you're discrete, but question -- do you get your parts on Fleabay or does your watchmaker-modder track them down, etc.?

Either way, your 111h is all the visual proof of why this should be MY first Panerai gen. Congrats!! :wub:

Rolli-

I am one of your biggest fans and it is a beautiful watch. Dial, hands and case look excellent but you have got to reset that crown. It is just too far off the case. You need to replace the case tube, shorten the stem or whatever the issue is. It is beautiful but not up to your usual high standard. Sorry, but I will always be honest.

Have to agree with Kruzer, nice watch altogether but CG and crown need some fine-tuning. Crown is sitting too much off the case, you'll have to either "shave off some meat" from the CG feet and shorten the crown stem, or get the Palp/Pam crown that has thicker inside dish. I've done number of these recently with Palp crown and they look fab and make a nice fit together.

If you're lucky you could source the older style CG that's smaller, making the tighter fit between the CG lever tip and the crown.

How about fixing that recessed lever pin as well while you're at it. Just remove it with a bracelet pin pusher, flatten it (sand papaer or a small file will suffice) polish the top with cape cod or Brasso or similar, and re-insert it again.

cheers mate,

babola

hi mate,

please... i'm not a newbie.

reps are reps and not a sainthood.

watch my signature area, the gallery, you will see that the most of my handwinding pams have this thick palp crown.

i know, it looks much better with a palp crown. it's xmas time and my watchmaker had no time to install the palp crown.

assembling a pam that goes very quick, but assembling a palp crown, that needs time.

the modders know it. so, when you see here the pictures without the palp crown, that's not the end of the world.

no offence, buddy,

rolli

Have to agree with Kruzer, nice watch altogether but CG and crown need some fine-tuning. Crown is sitting too much off the case, you'll have to either "shave off some meat" from the CG feet and shorten the crown stem, or get the Palp/Pam crown that has thicker inside dish. I've done number of these recently with Palp crown and they look fab and make a nice fit together.

If you're lucky you could source the older style CG that's smaller, making the tighter fit between the CG lever tip and the crown.

How about fixing that recessed lever pin as well while you're at it. Just remove it with a bracelet pin pusher, flatten it (sand papaer or a small file will suffice) polish the top with cape cod or Brasso or similar, and re-insert it again.

cheers mate,

babola

Rolli-

Dude, I am teasing you. Everyone here, myself included, has the utmost respect for all the brilliant projects you do. Very rarely do we have the opportunity to tease you because they are always perfect. And we would never comment if we thought you didn't already know. Just wanted to torture you a little. :laugh: In any case have a great holiday and I will catch up with you on the other stuff after New Years. But you still have to swap that crown when the watch smith gets back. Until you do it is not a Rolli perfect project. :smile:

hi kruzer,

merry christmas for you and your family.

i have always some palp crowns on my desk here, but i thought should i post this pam without palp crown, and the answer was why not.

you know the most pictures from the dealers are really bad. my help with this picture quality is to give the newbies a better impression

about the pam models. it's only a little help on this board.

we all know how hard it is for a newbie to see the differences between the pam details.

one of the criticism point is still the pam111h dial. the numerals shape are totally wrong. and no corrective in sight.

rolli

Rolli-

Dude, I am teasing you. Everyone here, myself included, has the utmost respect for all the brilliant projects you do. Very rarely do we have the opportunity to tease you because they are always perfect. And we would never comment if we thought you didn't already know. Just wanted to torture you a little. :laugh: In any case have a great holiday and I will catch up with you on the other stuff after New Years. But you still have to swap that crown when the watch smith gets back. Until you do it is not a Rolli perfect project. :smile:

First thing you need to do is tame those bright white fonts......

I am wearing a 176I gen right now....it is at least 4 shades off.

otherwise...

nice nice nice :)

hi kruzer,

merry christmas for you and your family.

i have always some palp crowns on my desk here, but i thought should i post this pam without palp crown, and the answer was why not.

you know the most pictures from the dealers are really bad. my help with this picture quality is to give the newbies a better impression

about the pam models. it's only a little help on this board.

we all know how hard it is for a newbie to see the differences between the pam details.

one of the criticism point is still the pam111h dial. the numerals shape are totally wrong. and no corrective in sight.

rolli

hi fitmic,

first, merry christmas.

yes, i wear my straps always inverted, it's much better, i wear my watches right wrist.

What a good eye that Fitmic has! That was almost a Victoria-like observation. ^_^

(Only I hadn't noticed it before. Good stuff)

Rolli, no teasing from me. I don't know you as well as others, and well, we both have German blood. There is a limited tolerance of teasing before we break out the Mausers, you know? :D

I just know I use your photos as my guide when choosing PAM watches. I don't get them as close to yours, but at least you give me a good rubric!

hi mate,

please... i'm not a newbie.

reps are reps and not a sainthood.

watch my signature area, the gallery, you will see that the most of my handwinding pams have this thick palp crown.

i know, it looks much better with a palp crown. it's xmas time and my watchmaker had no time to install the palp crown.

assembling a pam that goes very quick, but assembling a palp crown, that needs time.

the modders know it. so, when you see here the pictures without the palp crown, that's not the end of the world.

no offence, buddy,

rolli

Rolli, of course you're not a newbie, we all know that :D And I never stated that.

The only point I made was about the substandard CG and crown placement, that's all. I have a great respect for your work and I'm very aware of your numerous reps and mods. It's only that the 111H you shown here was below your standards, that's all, and now we all know why :)

Stay well and keep up the good work !

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

:)

babola

dear friends,

first, merry christmas for all of you and your families.

it's a contemplative and thoughtful time with a lot of good intensions for the new year.

we should'nt forget that the pam modifications are only an enjoyable challenge for our passion.

without pressure and without time limit. everyone has his own intention and the most important is that we never lose the fun thereby.

our modifications should'nt give the picture who is the best. it's only a nice and friendly guide for those who want to learn,

which are the possibilities for modifications, and at this point i would like to mention ziggy.

i think without his knowledge, which we got for free, nobody would have the possibilities and understanding for the different modifications.

for my part i can only say thanks to ziggy and all the members here on board, merry christmas.

rolli

hi mates,

i've thought about what you've said.

the theme with the better look of the palp crown has a long beard, very very old theme. please don't mention this theme again.

more interesting is the theme with the crown-guard and maybe the other flaws in connection with this pam111h.

dagger or arrow regulator movement that's the same, we have here an old song -- thousand times heard and thousand times happened nothing ---

so, please clarify your criticism point substandard crown-guard.

thanks

rolli

Rolli-

I must agree. Our watches are always an ongoing project. Half the fun of this hobby is that our watches can always be better. Most watches I show have been works in progress over 1-2 years. And I show them as they develop. You do as well. I really enjoyed the development of your Slob. By the way that is definitely one of the best modding projects I have ever seen. If you were to look at the last couple of watches I have shown around here you would find that I originally displayed these watches back on RWG 1 and then more than once here. And by the way, they are still not perfect. And yes they all get criticized along the way but we both know it helps us make our watches better. :smile:

By the way, the funniest one for me lately was proudly posting my 2 year personal holy grail 7753 187. And I hadn't even noticed that with all the case, inner bezel and dial adjustments T Swiss T had been cut in half. :laugh: At least not until someone pointed it out to me over here. It will take me quite a while and I have already enlisted the help of a dear friend on the forum.

I look forward to seeing your new projects and have a very merry XaMas (oops I mean Xmas). :good:

hi babola,

i have understand everything,

but please explain your criticism point substandard crown-guard ???

thanks

rolli

More of a suggestion or observation rather than criticism, Rolli.

I was referring to the overal fit and look of a CG and the crown together.

The CG on that 111H is so called "new type", it's slightly longer in radius and when mounted it sits further away from the case when compared to both gen and old-style standard rep CG. The lever is unmodified, which means there is now more distance between the lever tip and the inside crown dish (for lack of a better term), meaning the crown needs to be now positioned slightly off the case, leaving an unsightly gap between itself and the case, as evident on the 111h photos of yours.

Basicaly you can't do much about this, except two things - one, you can shave off some metal off the bottom of the CG feet, or two - simply replace the stock crown with the Palp/Pam that has a shallow dish, and makes a better functional and visual fit with the larger CG. You've already done the latter on numerous other Pams of yours so that's probably the way to go.

All in all it's an easy, no-fuss fix, and you know all about it anyway :)

cheers,

babola

dear babola,

thank you for your comment.

you know and i know that the 2,1mm palp crown looks much better in connection with the crown-guard,

but before i make an investment for modifications i wear a pam model with different straps and see,

is that my acceptability for a longer time and find it a place in my collection.

now the answer is yes, but after a series of strap tests.

i'm not a blind collector and keep everthing.

in the new year it get the new palp crown and the dagger regulator movement plus the polished rework of the hand pinion.

rolli

More of a suggestion or observation rather than criticism, Rolli.

I was referring to the overal fit and look of a CG and the crown together.

The CG on that 111H is so called "new type", it's slightly longer in radius and when mounted it sits further away from the case when compared to both gen and old-style standard rep CG. The lever is unmodified, which means there is now more distance between the lever tip and the inside crown dish (for lack of a better term), meaning the crown needs to be now positioned slightly off the case, leaving an unsightly gap between itself and the case, as evident on the 111h photos of yours.

Basicaly you can't do much about this, except two things - one, you can shave off some metal off the bottom of the CG feet, or two - simply replace the stock crown with the Palp/Pam that has a shallow dish, and makes a better functional and visual fit with the larger CG. You've already done the latter on numerous other Pams of yours so that's probably the way to go.

All in all it's an easy, no-fuss fix, and you know all about it anyway :)

cheers,

babola