When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Turn-o-Graph Pink Gold Two-Tone

arminvanbuuren

hey.. just got this yesterday!! and this watch is unbelievable!! i don't know much about the flaws as i haven't seen the gen yet.. to test the gold, when i got home i used a hard metal polisher (usually strips off goldplated metals, i've tried it so many times before) but this one didn't change colour at all!! unbelievable.. but anyway here we go an eyecandy!! and it has an eta movement too inside!!

so anyway, any comments are welcome, especially regarding tellable flaws, etc. :D

tog1.jpg

tog.jpg

tog2.jpg

tog3.jpg

You asked...

Major flaws:

The rehaut of the Turn-o-Graph is vertical... this one is wokky.

The EverRose gold should be more pink/red.

The White Dial should have White Gold indices and coronet, and in fact is intended for the White Gold model, the EverRose model should have a silver dial with EverRose Gold indices and Coronet...

Minor flaws:

Indices and Lume imprecise.

The Seconds hand is a bit long.

Flaws or not, I really like it. Which collector did you get it from?

hey :).. i got this from a friend.. he now lives in guangzhou and i asked him whether he can source me any two-tone coloured rolex reps.. i've asked around dealers around here.. if they have any two-tone reps that don't change colour at all (especially the gold) and they've all told me that NO! they're all gold plated/wrapped and will change within 2 yrs or so.. so i contacted my friend.. and he finally called me and tells me that there is someone that can sell this one for me (custom made).. and he told me that the gold will never change colour.. at first i didn't believe it.. but then i thought what the heck i'll give it a try.. so when i received it.. the first thing i did was test the gold by using a hard abrasive metal polisher to see whether the gold will change or not (i tried it with the two-tone jubilee that i got from king, and the gold on that one changed to silver in no time) however this one doesn't.. so i was really surprised..

but yeah.. i know there are lots of flaws in this watches as stated above.. however i'm not sure about the secs hand being too long and white dial :S.. because i've seen 116261 version with the white dial and rose gold in the AD.. but yeah the rehaut is a bit wokky.. anyway.. i'm sorry i can only get 1 of this.. and to tell you the truth other than the good quality gold.. this watch couldn't be considered as a super rep because of the flaws :(.. and i paid $280 for it (the gold plated version that changes colour is $150).. so yeah i don't know if you really think this is worth it :S.. but if you still do... i can contact my friend and see if he can get another one or not.. but i can't promise you..

hey :)..i'm sorry i can only get 1 of this.. and to tell you the truth other than the good quality gold.. this watch couldn't be considered as a super rep because of the flaws :(.. and i paid $280 for it (the gold plated version that changes colour is $150).. so yeah i don't know if you really think this is worth it :S.. but if you still do... i can contact my friend and see if he can get another one or not.. but i can't promise you..

Thanks for the detailed response. At $280, I'll have to pass. One might be getting good quality gold plating but all the errors just aren't justifying that price. Gold plating only uses a few cents worth of gold and a bit of time so, overall, this watch should be in the $135 - $150 range in my opinion.

But regardless, I still like it. Enjoy it and wear it in good health!

Thanks for the detailed response. At $280, I'll have to pass. One might be getting good quality gold plating but all the errors just aren't justifying that price. Gold plating only uses a few cents worth of gold and a bit of time so, overall, this watch should be in the $135 - $150 range in my opinion.

There's no gold it that watch's "plating" because it's not plated....it's the PVD rose gold process they've started using on "Rose Gold" reps," which explains the hardness of the finish. 280 seems OK to me--if someone posted that they could accurately PVD a PAM for $100 folks would be all over it.

It's good to see they finally put out a rose gold TOG, which is the correct color of gold for the white and black dials, and if it's being sold at the markets I bet the china based dealers can get it. I have a TOG w/ a decent rehaut but non-rotating bezel...wonder if the bezel will fit on it. Does the bezel on the RG version rotate?

yeah it does rotate.. just the fact that the rehaut is conical upsets me :(.. or else it would be a good rep.. but all in all it is very impressive.. and yes.. gold hasn't worn off yet.. i've done everything to it.. including swim on the beach.. saltwater.. still no sign of changing colour.. but i've changed the dial :) to a normal salmon datejust dial.. personally i like the salmon dial better.. here are some pics :)

ed1.jpg

editted.jpg

ed2.jpg

Edited by arminvanbuuren

this one isn't gold plated.. there is the gold plated version of the same watch worth around $150 (but the gold wears off after 2 years).. but then i told my friend that i wasn't interested because gold plated watch wears out.. then he called me after a couple of days and tell me that he can get a non-fading twotone version.. and the gold will last forever.. so i decided to pull the trigger :)..

and inside is a swiss eta 2836-2.. is there a place where i can get swiss eta movement watch for $135-150? :( because that would be great

Edited by arminvanbuuren