When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A very rep friendly watch repairman

regulator31

If any one needs a rep friendly watch repairman, I know of an honest guy in chicago. He's fixed about 5 of my reps (PAM 195, chopard, tag, montblanc timewalker, omega). He's been making/repairing watches all his life. He even has a bce he can't get rid of in his display case.

For those of us who has problems with our watches it's hard to find a repairman where we're not scared to have to give up our watch or get in trouble somehow. It can be hard to ship a watch back overseas for custom reasons or fear of loss or whatever.

He's expecting some business from the forum. He's repaired a bunch of my friends watches already.

If anyone is interested, his name is Imer Purelku. A very nice older polish (i think) gentleman. His number is 773-883-8679, call during regular business hours. He charges a fair price and guarantees his work. He'll tell you honestly if he can fix your watch or not. Not only did he fix the broken seconds hand on my 195, but he greased it, cleaned it, etc.. Mention "Marc" when you call....no, I don't get a commission or discount for this. I just want to inform those who need a good guy to fix their watches .

If any one needs a rep friendly watch repairman, I know of an honest guy in chicago. He's fixed about 5 of my reps (PAM 195, chopard, tag, montblanc timewalker, omega). He's been making/repairing watches all his life. He even has a bce he can't get rid of in his display case.

For those of us who has problems with our watches it's hard to find a repairman where we're not scared to have to give up our watch or get in trouble somehow. It can be hard to ship a watch back overseas for custom reasons or fear of loss or whatever.

He's expecting some business from the forum. He's repaired a bunch of my friends watches already.

If anyone is interested, his name is Imer Purelku. A very nice older polish (i think) gentleman. His number is 773-883-8679, call during regular business hours. He charges a fair price and guarantees his work. He'll tell you honestly if he can fix your watch or not. Not only did he fix the broken seconds hand on my 195, but he greased it, cleaned it, etc.. Mention "Marc" when you call....no, I don't get a commission or discount for this. I just want to inform those who need a good guy to fix their watches .

Fantastic! What part of town is he in?

We need a guy like this up here... all of the watch repair people in my town are stuck up little ******

Last one I asked to fix one of my watches yelled at me over the phone for 'taking away his business by buying cheap crap' and the others say they will fix it, but when I get to the store, 'we do not work on imitations'... crazy!

Thanks for the tip, I know exactly where this guy's located, up on Lincoln at Irving Park. I've gone by a million times.

May I ask,your Pam 195, how much did he charge for cleaning & lube?

Did he completely take the movement apart for cleaning?

Yes, he does have a shop - Perelku Jewelers, and he's on the corner, I don't know exactly which one because I've never been in there.

He's on one of those 6 way intersections with the diagonal street breaking up the north-south grid - Lincoln, Irving park & Damen.

I'm tempted to go there, I just examined my MBW blue dial TT Sub and found some brown tarnish on the gold links :o

So I gently polished them and in doing so I heard an ominous rattle inside, a loose rotor me thinks.

He should be able to handle that.

Geeeeez...I didn't know so many people on the forum were from Chicago, much less intimate with it's details. Lets see, my PAM 195 was dropped in shipment and suffered a bent second hand pinion and bent minute/hour pinion which almost broke off. At the same time, he greased everything and cleaned it (he said the factory didn't even lube it properly). He fixed the pinions (instead of ordering new parts from Switzerland). He charged me 95 dollars for all the work, guaranteed if something goes wrong. He had a hard time getting the back off of the PAM since it's pretty big and it casing doesn't allow easy access.

• 3 months later...

I wonder if it's "kosher" to post a watchsmith's information right here in this forum, even more so if he's a licensed repairman with once or more of the "upper crust" manufactures.

I mean, if they found out he was working on imitations of the very watches he was certified to service, would they take away his license?

Maybe this information should be made private, and PM'ed only to those interested...

Just my 2c. YMMV.

I wonder if it's "kosher" to post a watchsmith's information right here in this forum, even more so if he's a licensed repairman with once or more of the "upper crust" manufactures.

I mean, if they found out he was working on imitations of the very watches he was certified to service, would they take away his license?

Maybe this information should be made private, and PM'ed only to those interested...

Just my 2c. YMMV.

I agree, but given that it's already posted and I live around the corner from him, I thought I'd see if anyone other than regulator had and experience with im...

I agree, but given that it's already posted and I live around the corner from him, I thought I'd see if anyone other than regulator had and experience with im...

Fellow Chicagoan here, and thank you to regulator for giving us a line to good services in the city.

Out of respect for the watch repairman, maybe some edits should be made and details just given through PM...just my 2 cents. If this thread is monitored it may be an easy way happen upon a lot of our hobbies. Maybe someone can bounce this to an admin and we can get their call...just my .02

• 3 weeks later...

OK, guys, I am giving him a try. Spoke to him today and took in my IWC. He seems very knowledgeable, very open, very friendly, and has all the right equip-- watch analyzer, water proof tester, the whole nine yards. Needs to do a complete service and replace a mainspring on my watch. Will take about a week, and I'll update everyone on the work after it comes back and I give the watch a couple of days of testing.

But, initial impression is pretty good.

J