When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Timesetting EE Daytona

dieselpower

Hi all and Merry Christmas,

Mrs Diesel has kindly bought me a rep Bergeon caseback opener for xmas and I have wasted no time using it on my fast running EE datyona to get into the movement with a view to adjusting it correctly. I will be following a tutorial in another section but I have already noticed something strange. I used the hacking function to set the seconds exactly to my computers clock but have noticed that once the seconds hand is allowed to run again (un-hacking if you like) it takes a full minute before the minute hand starts to function. In other words if I set the time to 12.30pm exactly my watch loses a minute before functioning properly and if I check it with my computer 5 minutes later the computer is reading 12.35 but my watch reads 12.34, not a big deal really I have simply set the watch one minute fast and then one minute later it is reading the correct time. Just thought I would post this to see if anyone else has noticed this or can give an explanation. Anyway, better go now as Mrs Diesel is demanding that I do not spend time on Christmas Day posting on RWG <_< .

Cheers,

Dieselpower.

Hi all and Merry Christmas,

Mrs Diesel has kindly bought me a rep Bergeon caseback opener for xmas and I have wasted no time using it on my fast running EE datyona to get into the movement with a view to adjusting it correctly. I will be following a tutorial in another section but I have already noticed something strange. I used the hacking function to set the seconds exactly to my computers clock but have noticed that once the seconds hand is allowed to run again (un-hacking if you like) it takes a full minute before the minute hand starts to function. In other words if I set the time to 12.30pm exactly my watch loses a minute before functioning properly and if I check it with my computer 5 minutes later the computer is reading 12.35 but my watch reads 12.34, not a big deal really I have simply set the watch one minute fast and then one minute later it is reading the correct time. Just thought I would post this to see if anyone else has noticed this or can give an explanation. Anyway, better go now as Mrs Diesel is demanding that I do not spend time on Christmas Day posting on RWG <_< .

Cheers,

Dieselpower.

No explanation but I have experienced the same thing on a standard 7750, the movement seems to keep good time once it's caught up so no big deal for me.

This is a fairly common problem that affects alot of rep and non-high end movements. You will probably find that there is a bit of 'play' in the stem/keyless words and this is the source for the apparent non movement of the hand sometimes right after you set the time. Generally, you may find that if the last movement you made to adjust the hand was in a clockwise direction and you did not have to do any back-and-forth fine-tuning, the hand should run normally after you press the stem back in. Actually, I may have that backwards -- it may be counter-clockwise -- but I think you get the idea.