When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Blue Laureus Spitfire Chronograph

lysis

I got mine in the mail recently -- supposedly the "newest version" with "double AR."

As Angus (Puretime) mentioned to me via e-mail, as far as he knew, the Laureus Spitfire chronograph was still only being produced with single sided AR. Unfortunately, that was the version that I got dropshipped in the mail from another dealer, despite assurances that I would get the double AR version.

Otherwise, it's a pretty nice watch. The dial is a flat navy blue, unlike the gen, which has a sort of "two tone" combination of flat and more iridescent blue. The dial markings are otherwise correct and the lume is fairly decent for a rep -- all the number light up in the dark. The high-beat Asian 7750 movement seems to be keeping good time thus far.

I'm pretty happy with this one, but I think the 3717-01 is more aesthetically pleasing.

3717-2 Laureus Chronograph Double AR

post-2172-1198629938_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1198629977_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1198630012_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1198630041_thumb.jpg

definate Double AR coating in this selection of 3717-2

The dial on my Laureus is a bit on the glossy side .. in between matte and glossy i would say with concentric rings in the sub dials and again on the outer reaches of the dial And I would cal this colour a midnight blue...

edit add on:.. to clarify, not all collectors have the double AR the collectors that do are the ones that supply the makers with the genuine timepiece for replication.. but again in the future i will post this type of topic in the Collectors Review section.. just trying to clear up any confusion on the double Ar of this piece..

Well guys, now i'm cofused... i was almost about to pull the trigger on the blue Laureus chrono. I had the genuine in my hands a few weeks ago and it was soooo appealing!! The blue dial which turn almost black under a certain angle is great.

But Lysis tells the dial is not like the real deal... and when i look at Lanikai's pictures the dial looks almost black.

Could you guys please tell me a bit more on the dial color and how it changes (or not) when looking at it under different angles? I really hope you can clarify this for me and other potential buyers :balloon:

The color of the dial on the rep is a flat, boring midnight blue. I've seen the gen in person and both dials look very different in appearance. In fact, the genuine looks almost iridescent with an almost two-tone appearance. It's striking and really makes the watch.

As far as the AR goes, the watch was advertised by a well known collector as having double AR and I received an e-mail stating that it would have double AR. Needless to say, mine has a strong coating of SINGLE AR. If I could take better pictures (I'm fairly limited to the camera on my phone right now), they would show the same sort of reflections as seen in lanikai's shots. So, buyer beware.

On a more positive note, the watch is keeping time to within 3 seconds a day, which is impressive for an Asian 7750.

Well guys, now I'm confused... i was almost about to pull the trigger on the blue Laureus chrono. I had the genuine in my hands a few weeks ago and it was so appealing!! The blue dial which turn almost black under a certain angle is great.

But Lysis tells the dial is not like the real deal... and when i look at Lanikai pictures the dial looks almost black.

Could you guys please tell me a bit more on the dial color and how it changes (or not) when looking at it under different angles? I really hope you can clarify this for me and other potential buyers :balloon:

Yes .. the dial IMO and My eyes as well turns different shades under different lighting and angle.. from Midnight ..... to black..to.. Azure.. Navy .. what ever ... the reason i called it midnight was it reminds me of the same colour that Mercedes Benz used and called midnight or Azure... different names is all..

refer to this: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=64580

It is the thread I posted about the correction in Crystal.. my first 3717-7 white was single.. then my collector contacted me and said the crystal was supposed to be double and if it would be OK to send me the case set when it was finished.. ergo when the blue dial was done I got the blue dial 3717-2 along with the double ar case set for the white that was sent to me as single ar

Now, it is pretty evident that the Blue dial is double and the pics speak for themselves at times the dial looks blue and at others black .... the pics outside were in full sunlight..this is a curved crystal .. remember that it will not refract like a flat one..

the dial looks when faced to direct light, and it reflects a little toward the iridescent side.. if it were flat, or matte... I would get no reflection off the dial which i do and this is not due to the AR coating..

the collectors to inquire,.. are Joshua.. Andrew or King.. these are the 3 collectors that have the double AR.. why.. the genuine was supplied by one of them and they must all be involved in the makers "Product development".. thus they are privy to the upgraded double AR.. other collectors still have the first stock of single AR, and until they sell that stock will not have the double AR available ... I am not here to say from whom you should or should not buy this rep from only that there will be a lot of misinformation about this rep because of the fact that not all the collectors have the same stock

I am merely posting pics and letting members know what I have ordered and what I have received... if you choose to buy from one collector only.. for your own reasons then that is your business.. not mine, and I am not going to try and sway anyone to the contrary... if you want the rep that was made with genuine as sample with double AR .. I have given you that info.. if not then don't get it...... simple.

I am not saying lysis is right or wrong .. just stating the facts of what i have received .. just look at the comparison pics..

lanikai