When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Happy Festivus for the rest of us.........

jfreeman420

Neither I nor my family are at all religious. I know there are many members here who are the same. We do however get together on the holiday and this year I had the priveledge of cooking dinner for my mother.

First course was bruchetta: crustini with fresh mozzarella, basil, roma tomatoes and white truffle oil.

Course two: jumbo prawn and lobster claw cocktail with homemade cocktail sauce.

Main Course: Penne Alfredo with shrimp, lobster and crab

roasted asparagus and garlic parmesean crustinis..............

First time I have ever cooked for my Mom. She Loved it and I am very proud. Even sent some home to Grandma..............

Don't ask why the whole family wasn't together this year................

I think it was a great Festivus.

Neither I nor my family are at all religious. I know there are many members here who are the same. We do however get together on the holiday and this year I had the priveledge of cooking dinner for my mother.

First course was bruchetta: crustini with fresh mozzarella, basil, roma tomatoes and white truffle oil.

Course two: jumbo prawn and lobster claw cocktail with homemade cocktail sauce.

Main Course: Penne Alfredo with shrimp, lobster and crab

A Jewish Italian Christmas Festivus, I love it, neighbour. ;)

(Most Italians actually have lasagna on Christmas day, but that's a lot of work, I fancy)

Neither mum nor I are cooks, so like Thanksgiving, we had placed a catering order for turkey today. It arrived, we heated it, and I set up the table. Last night at midnight, we opened presents as is the more Catholic custom, of "celebrating" Christmas Eve instead of Christmas day proper.

It was a good day today. Family together is always good. Glad to hear you did the family thing this year, Jfreeman, and I won't ask why not last year, fear not. ;)

P.S.: For those interested, the Greatest Story Ever Told is starting on TCM soon. *g*