When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

anyone interested in ETA Unitas 6497-2

t

Not at the prices you normaly charge for your mov'ts - LOL!

:D

i know my prices are high - but my quality and service is different

when i sell 100 watches... i get maybe 1 or maximum 2 refunds with defect watches within 2 years warranty period.

but please ask the asian dealer how much of his watches will demage within 2 years?

80%??? :lol:

What is the difference between the 6497-2 and the 6497-1 movements?

Rob

the diffrence is -1 is 18,800 vph while -2 is 21,600 vph. 6497-2 is the original base movement that panerai use for they watches

happy new year!!!!

grettings from mexico!!!!!

Does the -2 model have the swan neck and DAGGER pin regulator?

I'm thinking probably no swans neck--OP probably adds it. Don't know which regulator comes on it.

Tourby, I'd be interested in one or two of these. I wonder if the sunburst is put on the winding gears are @ ETA factory or at OP. The horrible sunburst on the rep movements is the easist 1 second tell for me.

For those asking why you might want one: It's the only swiss movement available that beats at the same rate as gen panerai. I'm thinking that that fact alone is not worth what we'll likely have to pay, but would be worth considering if they come w/ the decorated winding gears, blued screws, etc, making their transformation to a PAM movement simply a matter of swapping out the bridges or applying the engraved foil for solid back watches.

I'm thinking probably no swans neck--OP probably adds it. Don't know which regulator comes on it.

Tourby, I'd be interested in one or two of these. I wonder if the sunburst is put on the winding gears are @ ETA factory or at OP. The horrible sunburst on the rep movements is the easist 1 second tell for me.

For those asking why you might want one: It's the only swiss movement available that beats at the same rate as gen panerai. I'm thinking that that fact alone is not worth what we'll likely have to pay, but would be worth considering if they come w/ the decorated winding gears, blued screws, etc, making their transformation to a PAM movement simply a matter of swapping out the bridges or applying the engraved foil for solid back watches.

Thanks for the info! So any estimated prices?

Neither ETA nor Panerai decorates mech 6497-2 mov'ts found in PAM historics, Soprod does.

They replace stock ETA square bridges with a decorative ones, flat winding gears with the ones with beveled teeth and sunburst finish, add S/N regulator, increase power reserve from 49 to 56hrs, add blued screws, tall flat-top cannon pin and hour wheel set etc.

Basically the mov't that leaves Soprod and gets installed in a PAM111 for example, is nothing like the stock ETA mov't that entered Soprod, originaly.

cheers,

babola

Edited by babola

mevements are plain... but decorated movements should not much higher price... difference will be mayb $50

i will ask for decorated 6497-2 with blued screws, sun burst gears and pallet bridge decororation like PAM

as you say archibald... you could swap the bridges + swan neck from rep movement and have a very close movement.

price is depending on quantity... single order is much more expensive as 10 or 100 movements. But i n plain condition they are not interesting... i will search for decorated 6497-2

mevements are plain... but decorated movements should not much higher price... difference will be mayb $50

i will ask for decorated 6497-2 with blued screws, sun burst gears and pallet bridge decororation like PAM

as you say archibald... you could swap the bridges + swan neck from rep movement and have a very close movement.

price is depending on quantity... single order is much more expensive as 10 or 100 movements. But i n plain condition they are not interesting... i will search for decorated 6497-2

Tourby ...I'm interested if the spec is close to ex Soprod as Babola notes.....could do with some pics and a price ...I'm estimating these will be $300-$350 each ???....make my New Year and tell me I'm way over !!!

All the best

FGD

Tourby ...I'm interested if the spec is close to ex Soprod as Babola notes.....could do with some pics and a price ...I'm estimating these will be $300-$350 each ???....make my New Year and tell me I'm way over !!!

All the best

FGD

when you can get SOPROD finished 6497-2 movements in a price range of $300 keep me informed as i am MUCH interested :p

when you can get SOPROD finished 6497-2 movements in a price range of $300 keep me informed as i am MUCH interested :p

I'd be willing to pay a fair price for a 1:1 SOPROD quality finished movement, but not much more than $200 for unfinished, which is probably less than they cost Tourby.

I'd be willing to pay a fair price for a 1:1 SOPROD quality finished movement, but not much more than $200 for unfinished, which is probably less than they cost Tourby.

i think also that a price over $200 for a unfinished movement is way to high. But i don

I have a offer from Switzerland

6497-2

21.600 A/h

9 stripes cotes de geneve

blued screws

polished winding gears

incabloc shock resistant

official bill with 2 years warranty

price depending on quantity. Should i order 100 pieces could make a price of 225euro ($350). Should i order less than 100 pieces would the price higher.

this is nett price. For EU members would costs additional 19% taxes. For NON-EU members tax free

anyone interested :rolleyes:

i know this is not cheap. But please remember that -2 movement costs more as DOUBLE price from -1 and this is a customs order from me in decorated version. Also goes the prices for ETA movements in 2008 20% higher.

NO way to install "pam ' style bridges on a base Swiss 6497 / 6498 movement without some serious main plate mods :)

Pics added

DSC04972.jpg

The rep part is not an actual bridge...but you get the idea ;)

DSC04974.jpg

DSC04975.jpg

This is a photo of a supposed 6497-2 I found in another thread of a guy trying to organise a group buy. If it is a ETA 6497-2 then it looks like it can swap the decorations right over. What do you think? Can we get a photo of the movement Tourby to compare? To me personally no matter how good a rep on the outside its never going to be complete with out a gen spec movement and this could be the finishing touch. If they end up lookinf like the pic then im in for a few.

Rob

post-9293-1199283848_thumb.jpg

The photo above is not a 6497-2, but a base Chinese movement. If I remember that thread correctly the seller was trying to sell those as 6497-2 but they were not. Gen 6497-2 have the standard ETA bridges and cannot swap over as illustrated earlier in the post. These movements would probably be best in base models with closed casebacks or maybe an 036 as it would be the correct bridges.