When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking to buy an Omega replica

EndlessWC

Hi and welcome, i have a couple of these including a gen, you might be better with one of these, main problems are thr omega wording is underlined and not lined through the middle as it should be, apart fome that great, how about a railmaster, awsome watch and near perfect.

I echo Andy in saying that the Railmaster (I can send you pics of mine if you want) from Trusty is damn near perfect. I'll probably send mine to Vac for a SuperLume and it will be nearly identical to a gen! Great watch, they're on Trusty's site ( I have the one with the brown croc. band)

PM me if you need any other info!

Hi and welcome, i have a couple of these including a gen, you might be better with one of these, main problems are thr omega wording is underlined and not lined through the middle as it should be, apart fome that great, how about a railmaster, awsome watch and near perfect.

I too have been interested in an Aqua Terra for months but never pulled the trigger. Can I ask why you recommend the more expensive Silix version rather than the cheaper Trusty version? (I know the Silix one has the incorrect logo, and Trusty has the incorrect case back, engraved with "Constellation").

(I recommend to the OP you check the actual diameters too: when I was investigating several months ago a couple of the dealers admitted they were quoting the wrong sizes in their details - they were as I recall in general larger than they were quoting. May not be a problem for you, but I tried on a gen 39mm and for a watch that isn't supposed to be as bold and brash as the larger size watches currently in vogue, it really did look too big on my skinny 6.3" wrist. I really wish there was a mid-size rep.)

The first thing to read should be Bytors guide on omega as you will find a couple of reviews on the railmaster and the aquaterra. The larger ATs are not very acurate as the case is too thick and i have never seen one with any thing other than cheep asian movements, i have had 3 so far and given them away.

The 39mm has a perfect case because i have both the rep and gen and have mesured it and even swapped the case backs to see if it fits and it does, the rep crystal can be slightly more or less domed than the gen but it is only visible when you compare both. You can find these with the correct case back with aqua terra engraved fitted with eta 2824/36 and seagull st 18, the ST 18 looks more acurate than the 2824/36 versians due to the fact it is a copy of the ETA 2892, the base movement to the co-axial works fitted in the AT.

REP 39mm

DSCN2860.jpg

gen 39mm on rep smp bracelet

DSCN2866.jpg

Notice the different gold used, the gen uses rose gold and the rep yellow, If you want to know how good the rep strap is wait a couple of weeks and we will see if the omegaq service center works it out as my wife took her gen in with a rep AT bracelet fitted, hey if they tell me it is a rep i will just blame ebay.

The railmaster is just a top watch if you get the 2006 versian with the better dial.

[quote name='FxrAndy'

You can find these with the correct case back with aqua terra engraved fitted with ETA 2824/36 and Seagull ST 18, the ST 18 looks more accurate than the 2824/36 versians due to the fact it is a copy of the ETA 2892, the base movement to the co-axial works fitted in the AT 39mm rep.

The railmaster is just a top watch if you get the 2006 version with the better dial.