When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 1016 tube ref.

ShawnBeever

A 24-600-0 is an old part number. You might do better with a newer part# like the 24-602-0 and then you could go to Ofrei and get the case tube for something like $6.00. They have two case tubes- old style 6mm and new style 6mm. Of course, you need the correct wrench for installing the case tube also- new style or old. I wish there was an easier source than ebay, but if you find one, it will more than likely cost you more money. Ebay is hit or miss, but what can you do? This guy, jewelerstools, has a crown and tube:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rolex-Date-or-GMT-Stai...7QQcmdZViewItem

If the link doesn't work- it's item 230206442947

Oh and I almost forgot- you need to tap the hole in the case so you'll need a tap for that- ofrei or julesborel.

The first time you change out a crown and tube, it's expensive, but the second and third times the price comes down since you already have all of the tools.

Thanks for the info

I have already drilled and re tapped the case to 3x0.3 mm. Unfortunately the crown I had was a 24-600-0 and it looks like I have fitted the wrong tube and it has damaged the crown thread :wounded1: .

Am I right in thinking I would need the ‘old style’ tube for the 24-600-0 and the new style for the 24-603-0

If I go for a 24-603-0 as used on the later explorer 14270 will it look the same as the 24-600-0.

I don't know if an old style 6mm tube will fit the 24-600-0 crown or not, but I would think it's worth a try. But you have to buy the tube wrench to go w/ the $6 tube.

The new tube should fit the 24-603-0 crown w/o any problems and it is basically the same as the 600 crown in looks. The only difference I notice is that older crowns are a little more beveled on the inside edge than the modern crowns which are flatter.