When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 3646 Rolex - A Stony Liaison

rolli

pam 3646 with rolex dial and manifatture firenze strap 1942

enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tu:

Great!! The soldered lugs are amazing...

BTW, anyone have a pic of the "Rolex crown" dial gen? Come to think of it, I've never seen the gen of that watch. Any idea how rare the gen is, besides "very"?

Beautiful piece!!

only with the 6152 case.

rolli

post-2837-1199425266_thumb.jpg post-2837-1199425277_thumb.jpg post-2837-1199425285_thumb.jpg

Great!! The soldered lugs are amazing...

BTW, anyone have a pic of the "Rolex crown" dial gen? Come to think of it, I've never seen the gen of that watch. Any idea how rare the gen is, besides "very"?

Beautiful piece!!

it's not so easy to find a goldsmith with laser welding technology.

in my city are only 2 goldsmiths with this special laser machine.

maybe you have to ask by the goldsmith guild.

the gen 3646 models have 1,9mm watchmaker round steel for the lugs.

the 249 california has 1,8mm.

for this 3646 rolex i used 1,8mm. the lug holes was 1,8mm. but for my 2533 new project i will use 2,0mm.

you know between the lugs are springbars ( 18mm long ) for a better strap change.

a friend of mine has three 3646 vintage models and the 249 california.

so i get all detail informations what i need. the original plexi shape is one of my next theme.

rolli

post-2837-1199425884_thumb.jpg post-2837-1199425896_thumb.jpg

:good: I am going to have to do that as well.

hi frankt.

my lug mods are not a question of springbars or not. the basic model what i used is the same on your picture.

the aim of my lug-modification was, new better and downward curved lugs with laser-welding technology worked into the case.

thick and only 18mm long springbars, and the position as near as possible to the case.

the basic model lugs have a bad position with a very ugly shape and bad material.

rolli

If you're lazy (like me!!) you can call Josh at PC, and get one of these...:

Cheaper than you could imagine!!...But you're on your own for that strap!!...LOL

If you're lazy (like me!!) you can call Josh at PC, and get one of these...:

IMG_5474.jpg

Cheaper than you could imagine!!...But you're on your own for that strap!!...LOL

I really like these

Is this modded, or does Josh have these on the site (I couldn't find it, but that doesn't mean its not there). What do I ask for, a Pam 3646 Rolex?

Sorry in advance for the Noob frustration. Until I saw this watch 2 days ago I really hadn't paid attention to Pams or Rolexs, and I am now obsessed with this model! I don't know why except it looks so tough and clean at the same time.

I looked on PC, and found what appears to be this model here Frank is that the one you got?

Also, I emailed David San He says "3646 is possible with rolex diala dn moljiona movt only" I don't know what that means except that he can make one.

Thanks

Edited by kpdii