When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just got a Blackbird (big pic)

JoeB

Hi guys. I just got a Blackbird from Andrew and the watch is absolutely beautiful however the only way I can set the date is by setting the time. For some reason the first pull of the crown doesn't do anything but spin freely - does anyone know what the problem could be (is it me or is the watch defective) and how can I fix it?

Also, for anyone that is interested I uploaded a desktop wallpaper (1680X1050) that I made for the Blackbird. I couldn't find one on-line so I decided to make one myself.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate your help

Thanks,

-Joe

you change the date on this one by turning the crown anti-clockwise (ie. the opposite direction you would normally turn the crown to wind the watch). that being said, mine from angus came with the exact issue you described (prompting a return trip to china :wounded1:)

hopefully yours is working fine & we can just write this one off to user error :lol:

congrats on the new watch!!

deltatahoe

you change the date on this one by turning the crown anti-clockwise (ie. the opposite direction you would normally turn the crown to wind the watch). that being said, mine from angus came with the exact issue you described (prompting a return trip to china :wounded1:)

hopefully yours is working fine & we can just write this one off to user error :lol:

congrats on the new watch!!

deltatahoe

I tried spinning the crown in both directions and nothing happens so I guess the watch is defective. Is this something that a local watch smith can repair?

- Joe

I tried spinning the crown in both directions and nothing happens so I guess the watch is defective. Is this something that a local watch smith can repair?

hi joe,

email your collector -- they will advise you on what to do. mine preferred that i send it back to china to be repaired; maybe yours would prefer you have a local watchmaker look at it....

deltatahoe

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys. I just got a Blackbird from Andrew and the watch is absolutely beautiful however the only way I can set the date is by setting the time. For some reason the first pull of the crown doesn't do anything but spin freely - does anyone know what the problem could be (is it me or is the watch defective) and how can I fix it?

Mine had the same issue (and a messed-up pearl), and has gone back to the dealer. Waiting for the replacement - the AR looked awesome!

Never attempt to change the date wheel until you adjust the hands to 5:30, especially on chronos.. ..am or pm does not matter, but find the am or pm that suits your time zone.. or you will cause irreversible damage... try that and pull crown all the way out and try and adjust it to the correct position and try again.. you may have damaged teeth.. if you had the hands above 9 or above 3

Never attempt to change the date wheel until you adjust the hands to 5:30, especially on chronos.. ..am or pm does not matter, but find the am or pm that suits your time zone.. or you will cause irreversible damage... try that and pull crown all the way out and try and adjust it to the correct position and try again.. you may have damaged teeth.. if you had the hands above 9 or above 3

Wonderful reminder & advice... Amid all the frenzied 7750 purchases going on recently in RWG! :good: