When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Paul Picot Le Plongeur C-Type Choronometer

lanikai

Coming tomorrow Friday 1/04/08 ......Paul Picot Le Plongeur C-type Chronometer

The Replicated Paul Picot Le Plongeur Chrono has arrived in Honolulu and will be picked up after lunch... here are pics of the Genuine.. and i will post the replicated version of this timepiece tomorrow..

post-2172-1199414872_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1199414851_thumb.jpg

Nice! Can't wait to see it - I'm really liking how the band looks and the case and dial look solid

Yes zzzir.... "I" can't wait to see it myself.. didn't want to make the drive after i got home so will wait until after the gym tomorrow.. it was made with the genuine as sample so it should be "solid" and I will weigh it using the electronic scale that the cigar shop uses to weigh the pipe tobaco,.....curious to see the weight.. .. I'm having a bit of a challenge finding specs on the genuine..if anyone comes across it we could surely use it..

thanks Italiano.. these are the same ones I got also.. but i can't find the definative measurements ie. mm's the genuine is 43 mm the replication is 42mm, that is as far as i have gotten .. searching for the correct measurements..

I was lucky enough to get a genuine pic from a friends-friend.. spent all week trying to come up with the true weight etc. nada.. zilch ..no mo... :(

if anything .. we have to go with just the cosmetic specs.. for now that's all i have.. <_<

for some reason the rep is always listed to be smaller than the genuine. i think they measure it wrong....should be measured from 10 to 2 oclock to come up with the measurement.

the porsche was also listed small...43mm i believe.....and the genuine is 45mm. they also used the gen for that one. hopefully they are just measuring incorrectly.

for some reason the rep is always listed to be smaller than the genuine. i think they measure it wrong....should be measured from 10 to 2 oclock to come up with the measurement.

the porsche was also listed small...43mm i believe.....and the genuine is 45mm. they also used the gen for that one. hopefully they are just measuring incorrectly.

ok.. thanks .. I'll do my best...

I used to own the Plonuer C Type rep... it had a cheap asian mvt and was actually a quite decent watch for the price.

The downside for me was that the case was 'old style' ... looked like cheaper metal with a steel coating or something... not stainless steel all the way through. The crystal was no sapphire.

The good thing was that the crown, tube, bezel construction, caseback... it all felt super solid! The dial print was excellent... so all together it was a very decent rep.

Looking forward to the review of the C type chrono, Lanikai :thumbsup: