When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Speedy trouble

Ylfig

Where did the stem break off?

If there is still stem outside of the body of the movement, then, you should be able to pull it almost normally with a pair of needle nose or good tweezers, albeit, after you uncase it..

If there is no stem visible outside the movement, then it MAY be small chance to get to the other end of the stem and push it out with a hand made bent wire tool without major disassembly, but I haven't seen this movement, so, I can't say for sure...

The set lever stem release on this model is quite soft and with the movement out of the case you should be able to remove the stem, without having to take the movement apart.

Even if you had to take the hands and dial off, once they are off, it's easy to get the keyless works taken apart, total time from start to finish is no more than 30 minutes.

As for a stem, I need some of these as well, and I am going to measure one I have in the shop this weekend, and see if I can cross reference it to one in my Bestfit catalogue.

If you don't hear back from me by monday, bump this to jog my memory.

RG