When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chinese Fraud Site

kenmasters

I was looking into buying a SLR camera, and I checked out local classifieds, i.e. craigslist, and I stumbled onto this scam site..

www.shoplifes.com It looked and felt like a scam, but I've been emailing them to find an obvious loop hole.

This was my conversation thus far..

[ken] Are you a scam site ? why are your prices so low ?

[guy] thank you for your letter, our compant is very serious company, Reason for lower price ,First, the competition in our country

is drastic, we have to low down the prices to adjust the market. Second, the consumption standard is not so high in China as in most developed countries. However, your satisfaction on is guaranteed, our product is original and new , a bottle Coca-Cola 1.25/L the price is 0.35EUR in our country , and you ? Our country, the average monthly wage is 150 EUR, and you ? in our country

this price is normal.

[ken] Your story is well derived. How can you guarantee that your items are genuine, working, and will ship ?

[guy] our company was founded 12 years ago , The most important thing is honesty in doing business, we are a honest company,We can offer the best price and the best service for you. Our product is original and new!All products are authoritative security . All the products two years free warranty .our all products come from manyfacturers. warranty card in the box,If you have any questions you can go to your country agency maintenance. and we have all the versions , you can use in your country , If the products have any questions,You can return it to us . We will refund the money to you .please don't worry , I believe you will receive the products very satisfied.

[ken] If you say your honest, you should specify that you are exporting items which may be illegal to export to certain countries. You advertise yourself without acknowledging who you really are, and on forums that explicitly state that no deliveries and no non-local deals should be made. I'm not worried about returning items. I'm more worried about you fooling people and not delivering anything at all.

[guy] I can understand you , i can tell you , we can delivery item to all country and city, don't worry about that .We are very sincere and your cooperation, Please do not doubt our sincerity ,if you want we can send you our company Business licenses and invoice photo , you can check it ,ok?

[ken] Can you provide evidence that you done successful business outside of Asia? What are your payment options. Lets see these business licenses and invoices.. how do you guarantee anything?

[guy] ok, no problem , i send your our company business licenses and invoices now , please check it .

we have many ways for your payment , i need tell you ,the time to get item depends on the payment ways.such as:if you use paypal ,you will receive your item in 10-13 days.Because only after we confirm your payment, we will send you your item. When you use pay pal, we need 7-9 days to confirm that we could cash out your payment, so the time is delayed. I believe you are a businessman,you know time is very important to business,i think you can choose fastest way for your payment , if you use bank transfer ,we only need two or three days confirm your payment.once we confirm your payment ,we can send your item right away,you can get your item in 3-5 days, if you use western union or moneygram you can sended money only 10 mintues , so we can confirm your payment soon , if you pay today , we can confirm your payment tomorrow morning , then we can send your item tomorrow , and we will give you tracking number ,and a picture of the bill of the delivery of your parcel after delivering your item. By this tracking number, you can check where your items arrived at any time.and you will receive your item in 2-3 days.,these ways save you precious time..and we needn't pay extra money,This good for both of us. so we suggest you send us your payment via Moneygram or Bank Transfer.We hope we could build a long and steady partnership and friendship with you, also i hope we could become your largest provider.Mealwhile, i hope we could have a good start.

Note how they want moneygram as a preferred payment method. They did scan a business license and a copy of an invoice - my chinese is not so good so i'm getting someone to translate it.. :)

[ken] Do you have photos of any of your merchandise ? Cameras, Electronics, etc. I don't think money gram is a good idea. No way of tracing. Paypal is better but still doesn't protect the buyer from fraud. I will need your business name, phone number, primary business address, and a contact person.

[guy] sure we have, i send you some item photo you can check it .

address:No.18 Jin Yuan office block,Ban Jing road,HaiDian 100021 beijing china

phone numbrr :0086 10 86375330

They attached a few pics of a iphone, nokia phone, and a PS3... No serial numbers visible.

This is fun. If they are a true scam site, I want to catch them red handed.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Chinese online shopping, yes there are bargains to be had out there but after being burned a couple of times whilst looking for them you are still going to be way behind.

Ken