When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Speedmaster / Date.. arrived 1/7/08

lanikai

@lanikai: Are you sure the subdial font is incorrect on the black dial / red subdial version?

It uses different subdial font from the other versions, and when I compare it to this factory photo, it looks quite accurate to me. Very good actually. Or perhaps I'm missing something?

3210.52.jpg

no you are not missing anything BT i was going by another pic by a member.. I stand corrected.. this has made my week. thank you very much.. I willl edit my post later today..

post-2172-1199876216_thumb.jpg

Joshua says this is the most accurate version because the maker had the genuine of this particular model.

I think it's important to clear these false rumors now, because it gets a bit tiresome to still correct them after a year or two. :lol:

Joshua says this is the most accurate version because the maker had the genuine of this particular model.

I think it's important to clear these false rumors now, because it gets a bit tiresome to still correct them after a year or two. :lol:

agree.. i would have done it earlier but i was rushing out of the house and this is the first chance i have to do so.. already responded to Joshua

the preview portion has an edit .. if you look with a magnifier at the genuine pic it is the correct font on the Replication.. just a little misleading at first glance.. no excuse .. the member that posted the fact that the font was incorrect mistook the 6 and nine as incorrect.. thatis my guess.

I mistook your response as an affirmative..my bad..

I love the red/black sub dial version, but shouldnt the sub dial needles be white? i guess its an easy fix if they are to be white instead of black.

Thanks for the pics lanikai, wear them all well.

if you re reffering to the Vintage White and Red Omega Logo...... it is accurate..

Thanks for the info lanikai ^_^

I still don't understand why they can't fix the DW font, it must be such an easy thing to reproduce the ETA font, I have to wonder why they don't?

Oh well........

this is just a "theory" on my part not trying to start ...umm .. rumors..

If in fact the Asian movements are produced at a factory that is operated by the "State" and they definately don't condone contraband then this could be one reason...and if cost production wise, the maker was to replicate DW .. with that, the Chinese manufature 1000's of parts per order .. for cost effectiveness.. even if they do not use all the ordered parts.. do you think their mind set is that it would be a waste and added to that.. how would that affect the cost at our end ?? and time frame on theirs if every movement's DW had to be swapped ??

I'm sure there is more to cause and effect that meets the consumers eye's :rolleyes:

@ lanikai, I was speaking of the watch above that bytor showed a gen picture of. It seems to have white hands for the sub dials, where the rep has black hands for the sub dials. thats all...

Again, nothing wrong with them. They probably have silver/"white gold" surface, and are reflecting back whatever the exposure is.

21.jpg

@ lanikai, I was speaking of the watch above that bytor showed a gen picture of. It seems to have white hands for the sub dials, where the rep has black hands for the sub dials. thats all...

Sorry man... my time in the morning is short.. so i try and abbreviate everything i do.. didn't mean to offend... the genuine sites are starting to get a bit misleading..in thier "drawings" no doubt because of the large amount of replications being done.. getting harder to obtain genuine photos.. only alternative for me is to go to the AD.. which can get complicated .. I have friends wives that work there and they are under Japanese Management .. and are very different from Western management... so i would rather not cause what could be an uncomfortable situation for my friends..

thanks bytor and lanikai. lanikai, i wasnt offended in anyway by anything you said. I hope i didnt come accross offended. I am on cold meds, so I guess I shoudl triple check how I am coming accross...

bytor that is what i was hoping it was, just reflection off the hands. I really like that piece, its got a great dial design.

I really do appreciate all great pics and time spent lanikai, members like yourself are what make this place so great.

thanks bytor and lanikai. lanikai, i wasnt offended in anyway by anything you said. I hope i didnt come accross offended. I am on cold meds, so I guess I shoudl triple check how I am coming accross...

bytor that is what i was hoping it was, just reflection off the hands. I really like that piece, its got a great dial design.

I really do appreciate all great pics and time spent lanikai, members like yourself are what make this place so great.

thanks .. urabus .. really appreciate it.. get well.. everythings messed up when u get the virus.. fo sure..

this is just a "theory" on my part not trying to start ...umm .. rumors..

If in fact the Asian movements are produced at a factory that is operated by the "State" and they definately don't condone contraband then this could be one reason...and if cost production wise, the maker was to replicate DW .. with that, the Chinese manufature 1000's of parts per order .. for cost effectiveness.. even if they do not use all the ordered parts.. do you think their mind set is that it would be a waste and added to that.. how would that affect the cost at our end ?? and time frame on theirs if every movement's DW had to be swapped ??

I'm sure there is more to cause and effect that meets the consumers eye's :rolleyes:

Yeah I get you :)

It is all about $$$. People still buy the watches with the poor DW, so it is not worth it for them to change anything.....