When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

pam 212 crown guard question

deltatahoe

so i've decided to give up on my quest for an original AR coated sapphire version of the pam 212 and instead send off my handwind pam 212 to get relumed & a double AR coating on the mineral crystal by chieftang. i figure that way i have a more accurate dial (with the inward ticks), and the scratch resistance of the mineral crystal will be increased. that way if it DOES get scratched, then it will likely just scratch the coating, not the crystal.

after the ziggy relume & double AR-ed crystal, the only the mod that remains on this one is to get a correct crown guard. has anyone tried putting an engraved crown guard from the automatic version of the pam 212 on the case of the manual wind 212? if so, does it fit properly?

any finally (assuming the engraved crown guard fits), does anyone have an extra engraved crown guard from their automatic pam 212 that they would like to sell me to help complete my project? i've asked angus to look for one for me but he hasn't been able to find one yet...

thanks in advance,

deltatahoe

so i've decided to give up on my quest for an original AR coated sapphire version of the pam 212 and instead send off my handwind pam 212 to get relumed & a double AR coating on the mineral crystal by chieftang. i figure that way i have a more accurate dial (with the inward ticks), and the scratch resistance of the mineral crystal will be increased. that way if it DOES get scratched, then it will likely just scratch the coating, not the crystal.

after the The Zigmeister relume & double AR-ed crystal, the only the mod that remains on this one is to get a correct crown guard. has anyone tried putting an engraved crown guard from the automatic version of the pam 212 on the case of the manual wind 212? if so, does it fit properly?

any finally (assuming the engraved crown guard fits), does anyone have an extra engraved crown guard from their automatic pam 212 that they would like to sell me to help complete my project? i've asked angus to look for one for me but he hasn't been able to find one yet...

thanks in advance,

deltatahoe

I tried to put a CG from a 253 (same case as the auto 212) on the manual wind 212 and it did not fit. The screw holes didn't line up.

thanks for the response bazonkers :victory:

doesn't sound like good news for me though. were the holes in the crown guard within a reasonable closeness to the case (so that you could possibly widen the holes / otherwise modify the crown guard to make it work)?

EDIT to add: @jonathan, so were you able to slightly mod the crown guard to make it work? sounds like from your response that it wasn't an issue w/ the holes in the crown guard, but rather how the crown guard fits on the case relative to the chrono pushers.

deltatahoe