When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Navitimer Questions

xlr8tn

I am interested in purchasing a Breitling Navitimer and have a few questions:

Are there any mods other than double AR upgrade and possibly a gen strap?

Can I purchase a date wheel with more accurate fonts? On the pic from puretime, it looks like the fonts are a bit fat and have too many serifs. Also, the hands are black instead of silver like I see on the gen.

Which model has the F/C temperature markings on the back?

It also seems like most of these come with Asian 7750 28.8K. Anyone know where I can get an ETA version?

Perhaps it's just the pics, but it looks like the rep has a small grey border around the sub dials. Is this supposed to be like that?

Is there a more accurate version rep out there?

Thanks,

Brent

Are there any mods other than double AR upgrade and possibly a gen strap?

Yes, a lello datewheel would go nicely on the 6-9-12 versions.

Can I purchase a date wheel with more accurate fonts? On the pic from puretime, it looks like the fonts are a bit fat and have too many serifs. Also, the hands are black instead of silver like I see on the gen.

See above.

Which model has the F/C temperature markings on the back?

The 3-6-9 versions have this, and I believe the TT 6-9-12s have it as well, although I believe they are incorrectly

marked casebacks (wrong model number).

It also seems like most of these come with Asian 7750 28.8K. Anyone know where I can get an ETA version?

I'm pretty sure Josh carries them, but they aren't cheap, close to $900 as I recall.

Perhaps it's just the pics, but it looks like the rep has a small grey border around the sub dials. Is this supposed to be like that?

Just the pics, the subdials are recessed, with a pieban shape on the surface. Very accurate when compared to the gen.

Is there a more accurate version rep out there?

Not sure which model you are interested in. Unfortunately there isn't a perfect rep of any of the three navi models (Fighters, 2004 Navi and TT Old Navitimer). The TT version is most accurate and the Fighters model is the least true to the genuine.

There are quite a few Navitimer dials on eBay (not expensive), so I guess it should be easy possible to build a decent own 6-9-12 Navitimer by buying a dial, new datewheel and maybe a caseback.

Navi dial on eBay

Navi dial eBay 2

I dont know if the genuine caseback is straight fit on the rep, think there might be problems. A tempting project, though.. I regret I did not buy that genuine Breitling 7750, which sold for about 450 USD.. :(