When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why not Raymond Weil?

fitipaldi2

Yesterday I was walking in Montreal downtown and my eyes stopped in front at AD. I decided to enter and to see some Raymond Weil watchs. I really loved 3 models:

Don Giovanni cosi grande (http://www.raymondweil.com/Modules/SRW/WATCH/default.asp?MenuId=4264&GroupId=25&ProdId=NTg2&Page=1)

Nabucco (http://www.raymondweil.com/Modules/SRW/WATCH/default.asp?MenuId=4264&GroupId=26&ProdId=599)

Tango (http://www.raymondweil.com/Modules/SRW/WATCH/default.asp?MenuId=4264&GroupId=18&ProdId=MTIyNw&Page=1)

Immediatly I asked me why collectors don't replicate these incredible watches. Someone of you knows the answer?

Thanks

post-8485-1199902855_thumb.jpg

post-8485-1199902927_thumb.jpg

post-8485-1199903000_thumb.jpg

Edited by fitipaldi2

• 5 months later...

I agree. I LOVE the Tango style Weil but there is no way I am paying for a real one. This is a line that we sale at the store I work at and I would LOVE to have one... just not paying $1300 for a quartz.

When I first saw the Don Giovanni Cosi Grande Chronograph it was in Rose Gold with a Blue dial back in the 90's.

I felt it was the perfect watch for me except for the matter of the 6K asking price.

Many years later I would come close with the Renato Stallion.

I also have a Festina Havanna Chronograph in Steel that looks quite a bit like it. Although at the time I purchased it I thought it looked simlilar to the AP Edward Piquet Chrono.

its the same reason there's not that many rep movado's or seiko's or luminox's or watches like these. with the standards we have set, the price would not jusify buying replicas, at this point just get the real one. rw's are all over ebay for less. I got a brand new parsifal for a friend of mine for 300 dollars.

When I first saw the Don Giovanni Cosi Grande Chronograph it was in Rose Gold with a Blue dial back in the 90's.

I felt it was the perfect watch for me except for the matter of the 6K asking price.

Many years later I would come close with the Renato Stallion.

I also have a Festina Havanna Chronograph in Steel that looks quite a bit like it. Although at the time I purchased it I thought it looked simlilar to the AP Edward Piquet Chrono.

That Cosi Grande chrono is great but IMHO it