When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC 3717

Guest asad

Hi, I am new here. So "HI"...What brings me here is the IWC 3717 Pilot Chrono. I have read some good reviews here for that model, but I'm still a little confused. I guess i am still looking for the Big Pilot 5004 (Aren't We All) . But to pass the time until a good representation comes out, I will hold myself over with a good 3717. So here are my questions, where can i get a 3717 with the ETA date wheel, Re-Lumed with good AR coating? or do i have to get the watch separate, then send it out, to get the good date wheel put on, then send it some where else to getting the AR coating done and then send it out again to getting it Re-Lumed (Am i missing any other step to making this watch very close to its gen model?); Is there such a model readily available, that i can buy. Which is all done without me going through all that?, If not; then who is the best seller to deal with, to begin this journey to perfection?

(Pictures borrowed from IWC's official website)

3717_004_l.jpg

To the grail, i would never pay $10 grand for. But I am patiently awaiting to see how its replica will be. Though, i would think the 5004 would have been not much harder than the 3717 to replicate (If they put a 7 day power reserve, hand wound mov't, similar to some Rep Pam's they have, I think it might have worked).

5004_001_l.jpg

Thank You

All

short answer is yes, you have to buy it separately, then send it off for AR, and ETA wheels. Please do a little more searching, and you'll see one place that you can send off for the work being done to it. as far as who to get it from, just pay attention to who sells the 21.6k model and who sells the 28.8k model. to be more accurate, you should aim for the 28.8k model, which tends to cost slightly more. good luck and welcome to the forum.

Asad, here's a possibility for you... Buy the rep from a dealer. Then send the rep to The Zigmeister who can do all of the following for you: relume the dial and hands with genuine superluminova, replace the rep day and date discs with ETA discs (or the entire movement if you so desire), pop your crystal and send it off for AR coating. He'll put all back together for you and when all is said and done you'll have a rep that is as good as they get.

Asad, here's a possibility for you... Buy the rep from a dealer. Then send the rep to The Zigmeister who can do all of the following for you: relume the dial and hands with genuine superluminova, replace the rep day and date discs with ETA discs (or the entire movement if you so desire), pop your crystal and send it off for AR coating. He'll put all back together for you and when all is said and done you'll have a rep that is as good as they get.

If you don't mind me asking, how much do you think the whole process would cost as well as time?

You'd have to contact The Zigmeisterzumba for specific prices on these services. All I can tell you for certain is that the AR is $45 USD. :) I think day and date discs are under $20 USD for the pair.

Thanks

Thanks

I'm actually doing exactly that except mine is a 3719. I bought it and got it sent direct from the dealer to Jakub (k222) who is going to do both the dw & the ar (He did my ingy and it's unreal!!) which is $110USD. From there, he's arranging to get vac relume it and then finally, it'll be coming to me.

I'm really keen to get it NOW but I'm sure it's gonna be worth the wait.....

Edited by spike

You'd have to contact The Zigmeisterzumba for specific prices on these services. All I can tell you for certain is that the AR is $45 USD. :) I think day and date discs are under $20 USD for the pair.

I have contacted The Zigmeisterzumba, after checking out his references which all seem to be perfect. I hope he can fit me in for an appointment on getting this worked at. and I have found a reputable seller who is willing to send the watch directly to him.

So thank you all for your help, though i am considering getting a ETA 7750 for it, i hope The Zigmeister can help me with that as well.