When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asian Omega reps?

predfan2001

Any other good ones? I have 2 of the black GMT Seamasters and I've been more than pleased. They perform as good as my ETA reps so far, just the second hand is a little jumpy. I'm thinking about a new Omega rep and since the holidays, $$$ is a little tight. Any other descent asian Omega reps you would recommend??

I already have an ETA UPO but I was thinking Seamaster, Aqua Terra or ????

Considering that Seamasters from "our" dealers are all above 200 USD, I got this one from Tonyxkf @ CQout, and I am very pleased with it:

http://www.cqout.com/item.asp?id=3313201

It is a decent rep, and at that price it is a bargain.

The HE valve is incorrectly placed, the bezel needs the usual fix, and the logo and text placement on the dial are not 100% as well, but the overall look and finish are excellent.

And tony is a serious dealer.

And tony is a serious dealer.

I can vouch for that. I bought a couple from him, had a minor problem with the crown on one and he goes the extra mile to help. His prices are dramatically cheaper than the dealers usually recommended here too and I assume it's probably exactly the same product he's supplying.

What do you mean by the logo and text placement are not correct?

Oops, apologies, I just realized that's not exactly the same watch that I bought, I bought one like this one (this is not from Tonyxkf, Tony seems not having it anymore, but it is exactly the same watch):

seamaster1jg9.jpg

On this model (non-"co-axial"), the omega logo and text are a little larger than the genuine, so that the bottom of the "OMEGA" text ends up a little below the dot marks @ 10Hr and 2Hr. Here is a pic of the gen for comparison:

seamaster2lc2.jpg

The model that I mistakenly pointed to on my first post, the "co-axial" one, actually features a much better logo and text, very close to the genuine. The problem with this model is rather the mark @3Hr, as you can see from the following pic of the gen:

seamaster3sp6.jpg

Apologies once again for my mistake,

sss

All my Omegas are Asians and, most are from Tony. Never had any problem with them (that I didn't create by trying to regulate the movements with the delicacy of a charging rhino :lol: ) and they all keep good time. I would wear them, but, well, they're not PAMs :D Of course, it goes without saying that I'd highly recommend Tony as a dealer to anyone :)

^^^^ Agreed, I have handled watches from Tony and they are good quality and the pricing is excellent. He does seem to charge a lot less than the 'recommended' dealers on this board and offers the same aftersales service.... if not better.

Do you think by and large they are the same watches, too? My suspicion is yes they are, at a fraction of the price.

Do you think by and large they are the same watches, too? My suspicion is yes they are, at a fraction of the price.

They very well could be. On cqout, his profile shows that he is from Singapore but I read somewhere that his watches are shipped from China. Teejay should be able to confirm this..

I don't think he will be able to get all the watches the cartel dealers here can, as these dealers have formed deals with several factories therefore only allowing them to be the ones who can sell these particular watches.

However, for his asian movement reps, some of them seem to be better than what some dealers here offer. As Teejay pointed out in another thread, his SMP he received from Tony had the 3:00 marker, while some of the smp's offered by the cartel dealers were missing this, now to me that is a pretty big flaw, its not something small like the 'legs' of the omega logo are not accurate.

I just went to the site, and I couldn't find any watches from him..unless I'm missing something.

No you weren't missing anything! I emailed Tony, he just took them down temporarily to update his payment info etc. They're back up now.

You can, by the way, view his items at www.watch-ebay.net and then, as he says "bid on CQOut 2 days later" (not sure what that means). His prices on CQOut are often much cheaper than quoted there, by the way.

Edited by keiron99

They very well could be. On cqout, his profile shows that he is from Singapore but I read somewhere that his watches are shipped from China. Teejay should be able to confirm this..

I don't think he will be able to get all the watches the cartel dealers here can, as these dealers have formed deals with several factories therefore only allowing them to be the ones who can sell these particular watches.

However, for his asian movement reps, some of them seem to be better than what some dealers here offer. As Teejay pointed out in another thread, his SMP he received from Tony had the 3:00 marker, while some of the smp's offered by the cartel dealers were missing this, now to me that is a pretty big flaw, its not something small like the 'legs' of the omega logo are not accurate.

I believe Tony's watches do come from China. The return address is certainly mainland China. However, the 2531.80 I have which has the 3 marker, was not from Tony. It was from another CQout dealer called Deeswatches. The 2220.80 I received was from Tony, and that did not have the 3 marker (the sales photo was clear that it was not present, so it was not a false advert, as has happened with other people) However, I believe, that Tony does now carry the updated rep of the 2220.80 which has the 3 marker, and OMEGA as metal attachment (the OMEGA on mine is printed ink)

[Edit to add]

There is a discussion on Tony's 'disappearance' from CQout in the Dealer Reviews, under the Other Dealer catagory. Tony is still doing business and still sells watches via his own website. With regards the prices he lists on his own website, he frequently gives discounted prices to his repeat clients. He might be prepared to take reasonable offers from new clients, but I have never done this, nor asked him to lower his prices. I simply ask him for a price in GBP (he advertises in USD) and pay whatever he asks for :) I would highly recommend him, and his products, to anyone.

Edited by TeeJay

I spoke to Tony last night and he said that his offers will be back up on cqout in a few days, with updated descriptions.

The interesting part is that his payment options will not include PayPal anymore, so draw the obvious conclusion as to what happened.

I still can't get over the quality of the watches I've acquired from Tony, I'm so glad I found him.

I spoke to Tony last night and he said that his offers will be back up on cqout in a few days, with updated descriptions.

The interesting part is that his payment options will not include PayPal anymore, so draw the obvious conclusion as to what happened.

I still can't get over the quality of the watches I've acquired from Tony, I'm so glad I found him.

The annoying thing, is that Tony's feedbacks have all always been fantastic. The service I've received from him has always been exceptional (even taking into account the occasional 'glitch', but that's just the way of the world) and I've never read anyone saying anything bad about him, so whatever's happened, it's got to be someone who doesn't know the first thing about buying reps or how to deal with people. It's like people have said before about people starting PP disputes... They have far reaching implications...

Thanks for that, keiron99 -

Is he kidding? For $400 I'd expect superlative service and a [censored] by the FCC. Where's the bargain here? :cc_confused:

(Tony has been discussed on the Other Dealers forum too). These prices are not the real prices, if you get my drift. You need to contact him.

I have a VIP card - usually about

Edited by keiron99