When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Went to an AD today

predfan2001

Not quite. My good friend Andrew works at a local dealer and since I was off, he offered for me to use their digital scales today. I took a bunch of my rep Sub parts and weighed them. (BTW Andrew is a rep fan too)

Bracelets, clasps, case backs, bezels and even crowns. Don't ask me a bunch of technical questions but we took all of the heaviest parts (as long as they looked ok) and put them on my 5513. What a difference. This thing is actually kind of heavy now. We found the biggest differences were a thicker/heavier solid link band and a bezel off of my old Trusty Ultimate. That bezel was way heavier than any of the others. I did have to grind the teeth off of the back for this case but the difference in the way this watch feels is amazing. I probably didn't have to have the scales to figure this out, but since Andrew offered, I used it. Man what a difference. This watch isn't that accurate anyway, at least it feels right.

S6300909.jpg

Edited by predfan2001

Nice, but a solid midlink bracelet is completely wrong of course. I can understand you like it to be a good as it gets, in weight as well. Maybe it would help to get a different mid case? I am considering making a no date Sub from my vintage Tudor no date Sub... now i just need a dial, nice and vintage like yours and a correct caseback...

Ah well... if you have a caseback of a 5512 or 5513 left... :D