When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

(replace) seamaster chrono crown & buttons poking my wrist

morgan123

I love my seamaster chrono but am bothered by the crown and two chrono buttons that have sharp edges and are always riding up against my wrist. Can I replace them with gen parts from otto frei? I've seen that the gen has much smoother edges and won't do this.

My only concern is that the won't fit when I bring them to my local watch repair guy. Doesn anyone know for sure if they'll fit?

Thanks

My gen seamaster pro (non-chrono) also rubs my wrist and leaves a scar... My gen titanium seamaster chrono also left a mark, so I think switching to gen parts would be useless for you. Tighten the bracelet by a notch if you can and see if that helps.

img1407resizehd0.jpg

if u notice the genuine crown is a little larger at the area where the logo is.. thus the area with the teeth is not as exposed as the rep crown .. which has a shorter 'head' as i will call it.. thus the teeth and edge are closer to your skin..

and the second reason..(this is really a 2 part concern) .. the chrono being a thicker movement,... the case 'rides" higher on your wrist ergo.. the crown is not as close to you joint.. conversely the regular auto movement is thinner thus flatter on the case back, ergo... riding lower on your wrist.. so the crown will "sink"into your wrist..

the fit of the bracelet also is affected by the thickness of the case.. so the same links taken out from both bracelets will have a different fit due to the thickness of the case because of the movement..

I wear my bracelets with enough room to fit my little finger between the clasp and my wrist .. not loosely and not tight .. just a semi snug fit.. to allow for my wrist to swell with diet and temperature.. i like it a bit loose but not overly loose, with this fit the crown is not a problem and the bracelet does not 'swim' on my wrist .. it's a little cooler also..

but .. if you can get the genuine crown and tube because eventually you will have to replace the rep ones anyway... i just got the chrono done and i am ordering the regular crown and tube also.. the mechanics of the watch with the genuine feel better also..

post-2172-1200195486_thumb.jpg genuine crown.. post-2172-1200195794_thumb.jpg rep crown

see the difference in the in the tip of the crown.. genuine has more rounded tip

post-2172-1200195592_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1200195610_thumb.jpg with genuine crown

post-2172-1200196244_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1200196302_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1200196302_thumb.jpg

notice the difference in the height of the movement and how it rides on your wrist.. so the bracelets will differ in size naturally..

I know it's a long winded explanation to a simple Question... takes longer to write it out.. :p

post-2172-1200194910_thumb.jpg