When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Random Question on 6497

eddiesham

Hey Guys,

Have a look at the circled area on this picture of a 6497 movement. Now being completely unfamiliar with watches, I assumed the plus/minus (+/-) indicator was to show how much reserve power was left in the watch. However in looking at my new 113H DSN, the arrow doesn't move either before, during or after a wind. Is this instead some sort of tension measurement? Any help is appreciated!

Best,

Eddie

post-10474-1200253187_thumb.jpg

Eddie, that is the regulator of the movement. It speeds up/slows down the rate. If your watch is running too fast, it would need to be moved toward the minus symbol and vice versa.

Good Information! Thanks for that Peepshow!! So far the watch is running nearly dead on with probably only a second too fast at times. Two questions for you, do you know the proportion of speed to which this increases or decreases the watch time? For example, does one notch represent an increase of n seconds? Last question, do you know where a new student such as myself can read about these different features for this and other movements?

Thanks Again!

Best,

Eddie