When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Loss of minutes and time

prince458

I recently purchased the Rolex SS LV beginmariner and am very please with the transaction and shipping process. :1a: I have recieved compliments on my "rep" subariner. The situation no is that after a week of daily wear (nothing by water), I am noticing that I have to readjust the time as the watch seems to be losing minutes. :( it has an automatic eta 2813 movement.

Any sugestions for a quick fix?

The only quick fix is to fully (hand) wind the watch (40 turns), if it is not already fully wound. (Self-winding watches must be fully wound by hand to prime the mainspring. After that, normal daily wear should maintain it.) Otherwise, the movement may need cleaning and/or regulation, neither of which is available as a quick fix. Try hand-winding the watch, set the time to your computer's clock and then set the watch down (face up) on a table for 24 hours (do not pick it up, move it or touch it during this time) and see how it goes. If it is more than about 15 seconds off (fast or slow) the next day, I would contact the seller for instructions.

The only quick fix is to fully (hand) wind the watch (40 turns), if it is not already fully wound. (Self-winding watches must be fully wound by hand to prime the mainspring. After that, normal daily wear should maintain it.) Otherwise, the movement may need cleaning and/or regulation, neither of which is available as a quick fix. Try hand-winding the watch, set the time to your computer's clock and then set the watch down (face up) on a table for 24 hours (do not pick it up, move it or touch it during this time) and see how it goes. If it is more than about 15 seconds off (fast or slow) the next day, I would contact the seller for instructions.

Thanks Freddy for the advice will do now and check tomorrow .. hope this works I really like the Rolex SS LV beginmariner :)

I bought one of these from Josh last summer. Beautiful watch but it didn't keep time. I expect a rep to keep time within a minute a day. Most of the 21 jewel asian movements will do this. This one didn't and wasn't close. After a few weeks I sent it back per Josh's request (at my own expense, that's the MO) and Josh had it repaired and returned quickly. It's now within my expectation of a minute a day or better and I'm happy with it and the service and communication with Josh.

Carl

I recently purchased the Rolex SS LV beginmariner and am very please with the transaction and shipping process. :1a: I have recieved compliments on my "rep" subariner. The situation no is that after a week of daily wear (nothing by water), I am noticing that I have to readjust the time as the watch seems to be losing minutes. :( it has an automatic eta 2813 movement.

Any sugestions for a quick fix?

Is this the Swiss ETA? If it is, that's strange...I have this same version from Joshua and it's been running fine! I have 2 of the Xmas speical from Andrew, a Black Sub and A YatchMaster with Chinese ETA and both of them are loosing 4 minutes a day.....Andrew told me to bring it to a watchsmith nearby....as if they're all over the place!

So....I made them into my guinea pigs, opened them up and been playing (adjusting) them for the last two days, thanks to Freddy333's help! I'm getting very close, the Sub seems to be

gaining a minute a day and the Yathy seems to be within 30 secs. A little fine tuning and I'll zero it hopefully by tomorrow!

Here's the topic if you wanna do the same: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...mp;#entry380759

Make sure that you purchase the stuff that freddy suggested from Ofrei....You'll need them....the gaskets that came with this cheap Rollies are dry!!!

Good luck!