When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

mbw ap roo - changing from bracelet to a strap

deltatahoe

i have a mbw ap royal oak offshore on the way and was reading in this thread about the difficulties in changing from a bracelet to the strap (i have a kevlar oracle strap on the way as well); i was wondering if those who have already completed this task had any suggestions and/or best practices that will make my life easier when changing this strap....

thanks in advance,

deltatahoe

i have a mbw ap royal oak offshore on the way and was reading in this thread about the difficulties in changing from a bracelet to the strap (i have a kevlar oracle strap on the way as well); i was wondering if those who have already completed this task had any suggestions and/or best practices that will make my life easier when changing this strap....

thanks in advance,

deltatahoe

one screw driver standing up against a table...watch sideways....while unscrewing with another screw driver from the top with one hand holding the bottom screw driver and watch in place.

sounds fun right?

hmm....is this the primary difficulty of changing the strap on these (ie. having to have two screwdrivers engaged at one time)? sounds like having a friend hold one screwdriver in place while unscrewing the other side would be the easiest solution...

this is actually good news -- i was expecting that there would be significant difficulties related to getting the strap to align properly / work with the small ss tabs that fit the case.

thanks for the responses; i'll post back here after i try the strap change myself...

cheers :drunk:

deltatahoe

Sorry but why do we need to use 2 screwdrivers at once?

I didn't get a strap yet but I tried to get the SS bracelet off today and it is mounted to lugs with 2 separate screws that can be screwed/unscrewed separately with one screwdriver...

What am I missing here?

:cc_confused:

Well I had some doubts when I started to think that Angus started to offer his ROOs after CNs repped MBW Nautilus and some rollies but I asked him and he said he just managed to get in contact with the factory that makes these watches for MBW, MBK stall etc. He said I can be 100% sure they are not CN copies.

What is more - if they would be CN reps all Cartel dealers would be offering these and it is not the case.

From his ad pics it looked as if the caseback had lighter engravings but when I asked he sent me some more pics and they convinced me. Now that I have it in my hands I am sure this is the real deal rep.

As far as I know he does not get whole watches but only parts and he is assembling them - thanks to that these watches come with new 28.8 k a7750 while regular Thai ROOs are fitted only with older type of this movement.

Today I noticed that my watch has no SWISS MADE on the dial... so once again it turned a warning light on.

But I looked at some pics that Paso sent me and his ROOs also do no longer come with the swiss made text on the dial and he is said to be getting his stuff directly from MBK (Paso is a great person to deal with BTW).

Even the crown is identical to the one found in MBW and not looking like the CN rep one. Well this is not that good as the CN version is closer to gen crown but at least it is another point to prove they are gen MBWs :) Or maybe frankenMBWs :) :)

I am pretty sure Angus sells MBWs but I am curious about these screws....

Edited by Sql_pl

Not really possible as the lug holes are not drilled all the way through.

Sorry for the quality of these pics but I've just taken them quickly to show you the way it all looks there:

lug2oj9.jpg

lug1ht7.jpg

lug3qf6.jpg

I actually realised that it may be the other set of screws that they are talking about - the pair of screws that are used to attach the strap to the end link pieces?

:cc_confused:

.....Today I noticed that my watch has no SWISS MADE on the dial... so once again it turned a warning light on.

But I looked at some pics that Paso sent me and his ROOs also do no longer come with the swiss made text on the dial and he is said to be getting his stuff directly from MBK (Paso is a great person to deal with BTW).

Even the crown is identical to the one found in MBW and not looking like the CN rep one. Well this is not that good as the CN version is closer to gen crown but at least it is another point to prove they are gen MBWs :) Or maybe frankenMBWs :) :)

I am pretty sure Angus sells MBWs but I am curious about these screws....

My MBW AP ROO has SWISS MADE on it....

Theo, thanks for posting your experiences.

I have one more question.

Is it possible to fit APbands strap to Oracle endlinks?

That way I could get a $185.00 set from Oracle and get a strap, endlinks set and a buckle, add a Capolavoro Alligator from AP bands later on and end up having 2 straps and a buckle that way instead of getting one APbands strap and endlinks alone for the same price....

Edited by Sql_pl

@Maciek:

...I had the same thoughts like you....I have all possible Oracle-straps (kevlar, carbon and rubber). The endlinks fit the APbands well but some of the APbands will not fit to the case of the watch.

As I mentioned before....only 1 out of 3 APbands (with the Oracle endlinks) fit my watch.

Let me suggest one thing for your watch (black dial)....buy the Oracle rubber strap with grey stitching....you