When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any RWG Youngsters live in Dubai?

Viennawatch

I know what you may be thinking....

No... I'm not trying to find a date. I'm just trying to find people who have similar interests, such as watches or other interests, whatever it may be and get to meet them. Hang out, chill, whatever...

They need to be around my age, which is 25. Please don't misunderstand, I've got nothing against older people. No discrimination here, just that I highly doubt people beyond 30 years of age will still have the same interests as me. But hey, I've got nothing against 40 or 50 year olds who still like to hit the club! Just lemme know! haha.

Generally folks who like a few good beers at a pub, like to hit the clubs or go for a good old shisha. Whatever it may be, I'm new in town, so I do not have any ideas of where to go around here.

Regards,

Martin

I know what you may be thinking....

No... I'm not trying to find a date. I'm just trying to find people who have similar interests, such as watches or other interests, whatever it may be and get to meet them. Hang out, chill, whatever...

They need to be around my age, which is 25. Please don't misunderstand, I've got nothing against older people. No discrimination here, just that I highly doubt people beyond 30 years of age will still have the same interests as me. But hey, I've got nothing against 40 or 50 year olds who still like to hit the club! Just lemme know! haha.

Generally folks who like a few good beers at a pub, like to hit the clubs or go for a good old shisha. Whatever it may be, I'm new in town, so I do not have any ideas of where to go around here.

Regards,

Martin

Too bad I don't live in Dubai. This year I'm going to be 25 years old for the 12th time and would have been happy to have a drink, go to clubs and fool around with the girls over there, LOL. By the way, what is 'shisha'? Never too old to learn ;)

Anyway, have a good time! :1a:

Heya Scoobs!

Well you don't live in Dubai and were the only one who replied! Thanks.. :'( Well I sort of expected that there weren't many people here on RWG living in the UAE.

However I'm glad to hear that the youth in you is still strong! :) And it is a shame you don't live here. I'm sure you'd like it. Luxury is comparatively cheap to the rest of the world. Cars and Gen Watches sell for 15% to 25% less than in EU countries. Oh and there are a lot of clubs here, at least according to a popular magazine. I moved here a week ago and I... well don't really know anybody to go to clubs with and I don't really want to go on my own.

"Shisha" is also known as a Hookah or Waterpipe... Shisha is the original Arabic name for it. Hope that helps, maybe you can hit up your nearest shisha joint wherever you live in the EU and give it a try!

Regards,

VW

Martin, what is a nice Weaner boy like you doing in Dubai? ;)

(Just kidding, don't worry, I'm not prying)

Do you remember that thread where someone was travelling to the Middle East? Wanted to know if he could wear a rep watch -- I remember it well because of the exchange you and I had.

One of the people who replied was from the UAE -- fellow member, Upirons.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=343563

Perhaps you can try to PM him. If he's not your age, maybe he knows people who are.

BTW, don't feel bad if you want someone your age around you. It's not about age exactly. It's about circumstances. Most people in the Middle East are married at 30 and beyond. I too like to surround myself with people my age -- I'm 7 years your senior.

Very coincidentally, since she is shown in my new avatar..., I have a cousin in Dubai doing research. She's 23 but engaged to an American. ;)

@Victoria

First of all, thanks a lot for the reminder on the Mid East post! I totally forgot about that one! I'll have a quick look at that one again and Upirons:) And secondly, the wiener boy couldn't get a job in Austria.

Well you know what, I'll let you in on a little secret... a big reason to why I couldn't get a job there was because I didn't want one there... I never liked it in Austria. I was raised in the M.E., so I guess this is my true calling. My parents live here as well, so I thought it would be the perfect opportunity.

You are absolutely right about your second part. My mother mentioned the other day that she goes to these "Wives Meeting" kind of things.... I really don't know... haha... but she said that there are a lot of married women at age 23 to 25 with kids already... Thats not really my crowd and I NEVER EVER would fancy an affair.... :innocent:

Anyhow, this problem of mine will not last forever, I'm a very social guy, but just not social enough for meeting people at pubs or clubs at random.. Once I'm employed, it'll be alright!

@jfreeman420

I know what you mean mate.... I typed out that line, read it and thought, I'm sure someone will think otherwise anyways! Anyways, I don't mind sharing 'interests' with a young female expat!

Regards,

VW

@Victoria

First of all, thanks a lot for the reminder on the Mid East post! I totally forgot about that one!

Have you ever had an argument with a woman? We never forget. Ever. Scary. :p

(We didn't have an argument of course, though!)

Well you know what, I'll let you in on a little secret... a big reason to why I couldn't get a job there was because I didn't want one there... I never liked it in Austria. I was raised in the M.E., so I guess this is my true calling. My parents live here as well, so I thought it would be the perfect opportunity.

It's a shame you couldn't find work in Austria, Viennawatch. I see that though your great love is the Middle East, when you went to get a forum ID, it was the Vienna that called to you. And why not.

I love the USA and have emigrated here, but when I registered in one site once, I chose BritishVic as my ID.

I NEVER EVER would fancy an affair.... :innocent:

WHEW. I realise some areas are more liberal than others...but that's s big nono. Reminds me of that old joke, "What is the difference between adultery in the West and Middle East?"

"In the Middle East, you are stoned after you commit adultery. In the West, you get stoned before you commit adultery." :lol:

Good luck, Viennawatch!