When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

asian 21j problem

hi i just received my noob yachtmaster today.. it has the 21j movement.. however i realised that everytime the seconds passed the 2oclock - 5oclock.. it always stops for no reason at all.. anyway can help me what is wrong with it? i don't think it's worth of sending it back to china again since with the cost of shipping i could probably get a new one anyway.. so anyway of telling? thanks alot guys

hi i just received my noob yachtmaster today.. it has the 21j movement.. however i realised that everytime the seconds passed the 2oclock - 5oclock.. it always stops for no reason at all.. anyway can help me what is wrong with it? i don't think it's worth of sending it back to china again since with the cost of shipping i could probably get a new one anyway.. so anyway of telling? thanks alot guys

The hands are probably coming into contact with the dial. If you have a magnifying glass, you might be able to see it. An easy fix for any watchmaker (that works on reps).

The hands are probably coming into contact with the dial. If you have a magnifying glass, you might be able to see it. An easy fix for any watchmaker (that works on reps).

nope all the hands are okay.. i've checked this.. i'm thinking something is stuck inside the movement but i dont know what :(

I have had a similar problem with one or two of my reps and on the recommendation of someone on here solved the problem by tapping the back of the watch like you are knocking on a door. If it doesn't work the first time try a few times. Its worked for me with a Panerai and an Omega PO rep and try are both still going strong a year later. Not sure if they were 21j movements but I think you can get problems with the spring being trapped and this has solved it for me both times.

Hope this is of help.

Aidan

I have had a similar problem with one or two of my reps and on the recommendation of someone on here solved the problem by tapping the back of the watch like you are knocking on a door. If it doesn't work the first time try a few times. Its worked for me with a Panerai and an Omega PO rep and try are both still going strong a year later.

Definitely NOT a good idea.

If the problem is not due to the hands coming into contact with the dial (or each other), then you will need to have a watchmaker inspect the movement. That is the only way to locate the problem.

Shipping it back to China by airmail should not be much more than about $12 Australian. If your dealer offers to fix/replace upon return, that might be your best option. A local watchmaker is certain to charge far more. I have shipped inexpensive reps back to reliable dealers in China by unregistered airmail with no problems so far. I have always marked my customs form "broken watch for repair".

Good Luck!

Carl

Shipping it back to China by airmail should not be much more than about $12 Australian. If your dealer offers to fix/replace upon return, that might be your best option. A local watchmaker is certain to charge far more. I have shipped inexpensive reps back to reliable dealers in China by unregistered airmail with no problems so far. I have always marked my customs form "broken watch for repair".

Good Luck!

Carl

takes what? 5 weeks to get there? man by the time 5 weeks come i would be over the damn thing.. and i don't trust airmail at all.. i've had things shipped via airmail twice.. and twice the damn thing didn't arrive :(

Sorry about your luck (and your postal system).

It's 2-3 weeks each way from here in the US to China and back. Never lost anything.

The most recent watch I sent back to China cost me $4US first class in December and it's back now in working order.

Carl

takes what? 5 weeks to get there? man by the time 5 weeks come i would be over the damn thing.. and i don't trust airmail at all.. i've had things shipped via airmail twice.. and twice the damn thing didn't arrive :(

One I sent back to Andrew, A$ 23, registered airmail took 9 days to arrive.

Sent back airmail, China to Melbourne 10 days.

Total time inc. fixing, 24 days.

Declared as "Fashion accessory".