When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best Navitimer with SS band for +-200$

Rolecs

Hi all,

I wonder if you guys could help me to find a respectable Navitimer for +-200$.

I saw silix but they seem not accurate (even silixprime)

If you can give me advices I'll appreciate

Thanks for your help

Edited by Rolecs

All the dealers have the same Navitimers as there is only one manufacturer. Of the available models, the two-tone version is the most accurate, followed by the 3-6-9 SS Navi, then the Fighters (Serie Speciale).

Thx for your reply

So everybody got the same quality? Who is the sheaper then?

I can't find 3-6-9 in silixshop ( http://www.silix-prime.com/class.asp?aid=89&nid=538 )

Thx again for your help

Thx for your reply

So everybody got the same quality? Who is the sheaper then?

I can't find 3-6-9 in silixshop ( http://www.silix-prime.com/class.asp?aid=89&nid=538 )

Thx again for your help

3-6-9 refers to the layout of the subdials (three subdials at 3-o'clock, 6-o'clock and 9-o'clock positions respectively; this layout is also known as the Tri-compax layout).

As for price, you'll have to check those out for yourself - start at the dealers section here. Also remember you are not just shopping for the cheapest dollar price, but the best service and reliability - it's worth spending a bit of time to read dealer reviews, and then email them to see whether you want them to get your business.

Although no SS band, thought you might want to see the "Fighter"

The date window is obviously small as there are other typical flaws. But with a gen strap and AR, who cares. This is the subdial setting those above are referring to.

CIMG1300.jpg

Very nice! I'm getting ready to order a World GMT and I'm thinking about getting rid of my 3-6-9 to get one of the "Fighters" as well.

Although no SS band, thought you might want to see the "Fighter"

This is the subdial setting those above are referring to.

Actually we were speaking of the 3-6-9 layout, like my 2003 Navitimer

IMG_3498.jpg

As you can see it is very accurate to the gen, the only obvious flaws being the date window and lack of AR coating (no Navitimer has it)

n20032.jpg

Your fighters edition features a 6-9-12 layout. Although a nice watch, it has inaccuracies on pretty much every part of it. From the non brushed case, to the non domed crystal, without extensive mods this one will be easily spotted as a rep.

A more accurate model with the 6-9-12 layout would be the two tone "Old Navitimer" pictured here...

2.jpg

Here is a gen "Old Navitimer" for comparison...

81610.jpg

Hope this helps!

Hello,

thanks for everybody's help.

I tried to read some of the review in the trade section, but it's quiete difficult to make a quote of each vendor...

Soms seems to be very great most of the times but sometimes it goes wrong...

What the best for you guys (in terms of quality, price and reliabiliy) What would you advise for this kind of watch?

thanks a lot

It all depends on your situation. Where are you located? Are you willing to take some risk to save some cash? Some locations are more prone to customs seizures than others, like Germany for instance. If you are in a high risk place you should avoid ordering from a Chinese dealer, and are much safer to order from a European dealer like Angus. If you want to avoid the hassles of receiving a defective watch, order from a dealer that inspects his watches before sending, like TTK. You will pay a bit more but your item will be hand picked and tested before shipment. Andrew and Josh will guarantee that you will receive a watch, thus they will replace it if it is nabbed by customs, or if it is defective, but be prepared to pay a premium plus the extra shipping costs for returning the watch (not cheap!). If you are solely interested in price look at Silix, Ruby or Pam111.