When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mythbusters use replica Rolex

jfreeman420

I missed that episode - good catch

I can't believe I missed that either. I never miss Mythbusters.

EDIT BEFORE POSTING: Ahh! The James Bond special. If it's okay with the Mods, here is the HD-TV torrent to watch it. If not, please delete!

http://www.torrentportal.com/details/16649...FQM.avi.torrent

Part 2 of the James Bond special will be on Wednesday 6th February 2008.

it was a quartz model, I will post pics asap. Funny thing is they said it was an exact replica to the watch used in the movie, but the watch they used in the tv show had a sel bracelet...

The other funny point was the watch was supposed to deflect bullets, but in the movie the cool thing it did was unzipped Miss Caruso's blue dress.

mb2.jpg

mb1.jpg

Edited by its_urabus

it was a quartz model, I will post pics asap. Funny thing is they said it was an exact replica to the watch used in the movie, but the watch they used in the tv show had a sel bracelet...

The SEL is the first thing I noticed. You could imagine the look Liz gave me when I shouted "SEL's on a bond sub? That has to be a fake".

After the wierd stare like I had three heads I said "Victoria would know what I am talking about" "Who the hell is Victoria"? What a mess I got myself into. This watch hobby can be dangerous...... :lol::lol::lol:

My torrent was for those who want to see the full HD-episode. All you James Bond nuts out there, and we are legion

I admire your oneupmansship.........

After the wierd stare like I had three heads I said "Victoria would know what I am talking about" "Who the hell is Victoria"? What a mess I got myself into. This watch hobby can be dangerous...... :lol::lol::lol:

You're lucky she didn't find a photo of mine addressed to "To (Jfreeman), with love from Victoria". That almost caused a divorce in one of my friends' lives, once!

I admire your oneupmansship.........

More like bushy-tailed earnest helpfulness. :lol:

I stick to being affable and informative on RWG...

I really want to send adam and jamie a set of noobs...

"Funny" rating. :lol:

You know, they would get a kick out of that. Just invent a myth around rep watches, and ask them to bust it!

Suggestions? *g*

@Jfreeman: Right! Therefore the *g* for grin. ;)

Anyway, Adam and Jamie won't be happy with our myths, unless they get to blow stuff up!

You know, they would get a kick out of that. Just invent a myth around rep watches, and ask them to bust it!

Suggestions? *g*

No need to invent. They have been around for years....

27 jewel movement

solid gold midlinks

genuine sapphire crystal

waterproof to 300m

exact 1:1 replica

even a jeweler can't tell it's a replica

100% swiss made

etc, etc, etc...................