When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

tell us your most funny storys about watch sale

t

Nothing funny has happened to me but my last experience selling a watch was very bad. That is why I am not going to sell any of the watches I no longer wear, instead I am just going to give them to people who will appreciate and wear them. I am not in the business of making money from reps I just want to enjoy this as a hobby.

I always enjoy putting up a for trade option just to see what I will get. At least a few times I've had a watch going somewhere between 600 and 800 (usd) and will get something like this. "I have this totally cool Invicta dive watch with a very precise miyota movement, I could even add 50 if I have to" It has happened so many times,,when I do offer up a trade I even say,,,"no invicta divers with miyota movements,,I already have one"

I always enjoy putting up a for trade option just to see what I will get. At least a few times I've had a watch going somewhere between 600 and 800 (usd) and will get something like this. "I have this totally cool Invicta dive watch with a very precise miyota movement, I could even add 50 if I have to" It has happened so many times,,when I do offer up a trade I even say,,,"no invicta divers with miyota movements,,I already have one"

Hey Chris

do you sell any of your watches... i have a Invicta for trade :lol::lol::lol:

I guess my only funny story is about my old gen SMP. After it became the "Bond" watch, I had to have one. I was surprised to find that they carried them at Costco and they had thr cheapiest price so I bought one. Eventually I grew tired of it and in early 2002 I listed it on eBay with a buy now of $850.00. It sold and I just couldn't find a watch that I was satisfied with so after about a year, I said screw it and looked on eBay for another Bond SMP. I found one buy in now for $800.00 so I bought it. When it arrived it looked just like my old one..I mean just like it! The insert scratch near the crown. The nick in the bezel at 6. I went into the other room and dug out my eBay paperwork to see who I sold my SMP to. Guess what? I had bought my watch back from the same guy I sold it to. :lol:

I emailed the guy and he got a chuckle out of it to. He said he just never wore the watch and it sit in his drawer because it felt too big on his wrist.

I guess my only funny story is about my old gen SMP. After it became the "Bond" watch, I had to have one. I was surprised to find that they carried them at Costco and they had thr cheapiest price so I bought one. Eventually I grew tired of it and in early 2002 I listed it on eBay with a buy now of $850.00. It sold and I just couldn't find a watch that I was satisfied with so after about a year, I said screw it and looked on eBay for another Bond SMP. I found one buy in now for $800.00 so I bought it. When it arrived it looked just like my old one..I mean just like it! The insert scratch near the crown. The nick in the bezel at 6. I went into the other room and dug out my eBay paperwork to see who I sold my SMP to. Guess what? I had bought my watch back from the same guy I sold it to. :lol:

I emailed the guy and he got a chuckle out of it to. He said he just never wore the watch and it sit in his drawer because it felt too big on his wrist.

:bangin::1a: for this story great works Predfan

:lol::lol::lol:

i like this storys