When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Plexi glass scratches

mediawonk

I love the old vintage daytonas and double red sea dweller but the curse of the wakling too quickly next to a wall with artex plaster and grazing it...throughout you life you are gonna collect a eclectic array of different scratches on the watch glass. so whats the answer. is there a miracle solvent or something that re shines the glass.

What do the people do who have genuine $30.000.00 originals they must freak out when they catch a baseball and go skidding along the dirt to impress the kids. And don't say 'leave the watch in the locker room'...Dah! we only wear them so the other dads get insanely jealous. SO what do we do.? Cuz its a known fact that men check out other mens watches . If you look through the corner of your eye at the supermarket checkout you will see them.

Ive even had people come up to me drooling over my vintage Daytona asking me all sorts of questions like how I came about it. (I have a script answer to that one that involves an old Hollywood film star, who made a bet with me over a hand of poker at a party in the hills.) but we wont go there now. I won. tsk! tsk!

Well come on if you're gonna go fake you might aswell have a story in reserve too. So what's the scratch solution?

I own a gen Oris Big Crown with acryl/plexiglass crystal. The 'miracle' solvent to repolish this type of crystal is Brasso copper shine. For tiny scratches toothpaste will also do the trick.... :)

However, I think tiny scratches from normal use adds character to a vintage' rep, which by nature shouldn't look brand new....