When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hello Omega world...Ok Ok, I bite, finally...

brsmith1

Hello all, I finally decided to give in and go for my FIRST Omega. 45mm seems to be a must for me. I have plenty of stainless watches so I'm thinking of putting the rubber strap on this piece. Any suggestions? I found one on Ebay for around $179. Not bad for what a gen strap for a Breitling cost me.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, as I said this is my first omega.

Guess I'm going with Trusty's ETA Ultimate version. Will wait a day or so before I order in case there is something you kind folks would like to give me a heads up on. Here is a link to a strap I found, I'm not sure if the Ultimate version will accept this strap or not. Hope one of y'all can help me out.

Genuine Rubber Strap:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Omega-SeaMaster-Planet...7QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers,

brsmith1

Edited by brsmith1

from what I remember, for a gen omega strap and gen omega buckle, that is not a half bad price. I can tell you that the one I sourced from PT for my upo need a tiny bit of work to make it perfectly fit. looks amazing, and makes the watch feel like a totally different piece.

I have read here on the board that the gen strap fits perfectly with the upo with the supplied pins. I bought new pins (1.8mm) for my rubber since you need to stuff them in and they are a bear to get back out. I had to buy a bag of 100, so if there is a board member in conus that needs a set, I could mail some out.

anyway good luck with your purchases, I love my upo, it is my daily beater.

So, the But It Now Price is $179, but scroll down further and he writes "FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY $185.00."

BTW - $179 is a good price. If you check out Ofrei, he sells the straps without the buckles for $170, then throw in the buckle and the cost goes up.

Hey Great!!! Thanks for the tip, I found a 22mm one for the same price. Heck, its almost the price of the watch but I have found gen straps to really make a piece. Here, check out what the blue bufalo strap does to my Navi Fighter. Picked this up from a member on the board. I recently put AR on it, it really helped it out as well. :p

britnavi1akz1.jpg

:rolleyes:

I'm not too all familiar with Omega's. I've read the reviews and filtered through some old posts...seem to me the 45mm is the way to go. Anyone want one last chance to talk me into another model? Keep in mind this is my first Omega and could make or break me :lol:

Thanks for the replies everyone! B)

Hello all, I finally decided to give in and go for my FIRST Omega. 45mm seems to be a must for me. I have plenty of stainless watches so I'm thinking of putting the rubber strap on this piece. Any suggestions? I found one on Ebay for around $179. Not bad for what a gen strap for a Breitling cost me.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, as I said this is my first omega.

Guess I'm going with Trusty's ETA Ultimate version. Will wait a day or so before I order in case there is something you kind folks would like to give me a heads up on. Here is a link to a strap I found, I'm not sure if the Ultimate version will accept this strap or not. Hope one of y'all can help me out.

Genuine Rubber Strap:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Omega-SeaMaster-Planet...7QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers,

brsmith1

Paid mine $35 (Josh), for a 42mm PO version, it's a rep strap of course, but very well made...

But hey, if you want a gen strap, it's your money ;)

Hey Great!!! Thanks for the tip, I found a 22mm one for the same price. Heck, its almost the price of the watch .

Omega rubber straps are very costly, when compared to say the Breitlings which usually will run ya about $100 from the AD, or about $55 from eBay, which I was able to pick up, but then sold to Victoria.

I was always and will be an Omega fan. Just recently branched out to other watches - Breitlings (got 3), a Tag and a Rollie.

If you can decide, buy both - you know you will because that's what happens with our hobby :) Its very addicting.

Good luck.

Thanks for the input...although buffalo gen strap for breitling goes for upward $300. I might just get both, who knows. Your right...addiction is contagious around these parts, especially with these great reviews by those like ByTor.

Is there another first Omega you would recommend over the 45mm?

;)

Thanks for the input...although buffalo gen strap for breitling goes for upward $300. I might just get both, who knows. Your right...addiction is contagious around these parts, especially with these great reviews by those like ByTor.

Is there another first Omega you would recommend over the 45mm?

;)

Gotta go with the Omega Seamaster 2531. Great right of the box. Just make sure the dial has a marker at the 3 o'clock,