When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

end links... which one to get?

yellomen

Hi guys,

I am looking to buy endlinks or end pieces for my MBW 1665, but i'm not sure which ones to buy. I know i would need 280 or 580 end links, but after i was offered genuine N.O.S. for $280,- i thought i could get a nice watch for that money as well. Hey... it's just the endlinks :p

So... on Ebay i found several sellers offering endlinks for nice prices. All endlinks i found have 455B stamped in them, so these would be fit for a vintage Explorer II and others... but not for a SD or Submariner.

Because i can't find any aftermarket endlinks stamped 280 or 580 i am curious... are the endlinks stamped 455B the same as the 580 endlinks or are they really different. Would the 455B endlinks fit my MBW 1665 well... or not?

Hope you guys can help me making the right choice :)

Of course, 280, 380 and 580 are correct for the 1665, with the 580's being the last (585 was used on GW 1665's). I think the 455B's will fit, I have them on my WM1680, and my frankenjust w/ old style oyster band w/ the safety clasp.

It's tough to find the correct 580 end pieces w/o the little cut-out notches on each side. I've got a couple of hollow mid-link bands w/ 580 end pieces- but they have the notches. I'd love to find the correct 580 -no notches- end pieces- short of buying gen.

It's tough to find the correct 580 end pieces w/o the little cut-out notches on each side. I've got a couple of hollow mid-link bands w/ 580 end pieces- but they have the notches. I'd love to find the correct 580 -no notches- end pieces- short of buying gen.

Thanx for the answer Aligoat :)

I don't understand the part about the cut-out-notches... do you maybe have a picture of this?