When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

gen or rep? (checking your knowledge)

arminvanbuuren

Rep, look at the way the gold is wearing between the links! going green..

No doubt you will try and pass it off as gen, otherwise you wouldnt of posted it! kinda like a my dong is bigger than yours game !

and you just happen to be in the game? :lol:

Bastard FrankenRep...

Crap Aftermarket bezel, quality of the diamonds (color/clarity) is very inconsistent, incorrectly aligned...

Possibly gen case... hard to tell... color is good...

Possibly gen crown... looks right, but dirty...

Possibly gen dial... looks basically right, but 60 doesn't look centered/dial looks cocked a couple of degrees, maybe pic angle + incorrect bezel alignment is affecting perception...

Hands appear incorrect/aftermarket... probably.

Bracelet is plated rep/aftermarket... color does not match case... plating worn... end links don't match case tightly... crappy looking clasp... filthy as hell...

And my dong is bigger than everybody's...

Bastard FrankenRep...

Crap Aftermarket bezel, quality of the diamonds (color/clarity) is very inconsistent, incorrectly aligned...

Possibly gen dial... looks basically right, but 60 doesn't look centered/dial looks cocked a couple of degrees, maybe pic angle + incorrect bezel alignment is affecting perception...

Bracelet is plated rep/aftermarket... color does not match case... plating worn... end links don't match case tightly... crappy looking clasp... filthy as hell...

close but no cigar..

actually it's surprising that only 2 got it right.. the watch itself is actually gen.. it was bought in early 1990's.. but you're correct about the bezel.. bezel is aftermarket however the rest is gen.. as for the bracelet as far as i'm concern there is no plating worn either, everything is solid gold 18k (look at the first 2 pics, no plating worn there nor diff colours between the case).. the green stuff on between the links is lighting.. if you look at the first pic it's not there! its also been worn for nearly 20 yrs everyday and never been cleaned hence why it looks dirty.. and the movement itself is being overhauled by rolex right as we're speaking.. when i get it back i will post pics of the movement..

as for crooked dial, believe it or not.. this is what i've been discussing most of the time with people nitpicking misalignment of bezel, dials, datewheel.. ITS A MYTH BECAUSE ROLEX TOO, SOMETIMES PUTS THINGS CROOKED.. even in AD's! i've seen alot of crooked datewheels, bezels, etc. does this make them fake??

but yeah all in all i'm surprised that only 2 people have this correct.. while the rest of you think it's a rep.. i'm not sure whether the rep itself is very accurate that not many people know the difference or ...?

so really 2 people's dong is bigger than the rest! look where nitpicking got all of us to? guessing the wrong thing LOL

Edited by arminvanbuuren

Bastard FrankenRep...

LOL pure gold :) love it

close but no cigar..

actually it's surprising that only 2 got it right.. the watch itself is actually gen.. it was bought in early 1990's.. but you're correct about the bezel.. bezel is aftermarket however the rest is gen.. as for the bracelet as far as i'm concern there is no plating worn either, everything is solid gold 18k (look at the first 2 pics, no plating worn there nor diff colours between the case).. the green stuff on between the links is due to it being worn for nearly 20 yrs everyday and never been cleaned.. and the movement itself is being overhauled by rolex.. when i get it back i will post pics of the movement..

as for crooked dial, believe it or not.. this is what i've been discussing most of the time with people nitpicking misalignment of bezel, dials, datewheel.. ITS A MYTH BECAUSE ROLEX TOO, SOMETIMES PUTS THINGS CROOKED.. even in AD's! i've seen alot of crooked datewheels, bezels, etc. does this make them fake??

but yeah all in all i'm surprised that only 2 people have this correct.. while the rest of you think it's a rep.. i'm not sure whether the rep itself is very accurate that not many people know the difference or ...?

so really 2 people's dong is bigger than the rest! look where nitpicking got all of us to? guessing the wrong thing LOL

Who would want to be an expert in such an ugly watch? no offense its terrible! sell it and buy something decent

Who would want to be an expert in such an ugly watch? no offense its terrible! sell it and buy something decent

no offence taken mate.. don't hate the watch, hate the price.. and as to selling it and buy something decent.. i think presidential daydate is one of the most expensive lines in the rolex brand.. so i'm thinking it's decent enough for me..

no offence taken mate.. don't hate the watch, hate the price.. and as to selling it and buy something decent.. i think presidential daydate is one of the most expensive lines in the rolex brand.. so i'm thinking it's decent enough for me..

LoL arent you the goober that got called out for a noobmaster?

Price doesnt mean good! That thing looks like it belongs on my grandfather who was buried 10 years ago!

*Also why would i hate the price?* insecure much?

Edited by danzeman22

Then the hands may be right for 20 years old... add ten years (78 (where I was thinking) instead of 88) to reflect the appearance of your nasty looking day date and your hands are too short..

The sticky datewheel/cocked dial look (set to non-giveaway date) in the first pic adds to the "Franken" look...

For Pete's Sake change those freakin' loose/bent $2 pins in the bracelet and clean it up... why let a $15K watch go to the point where it looks like a $50 rep?

Then the hands may be right for 20 years old... add ten years (78 (where I was thinking) instead of 88) to reflect the appearance of your nasty looking day date and your hands are too short..

The sticky datewheel/cocked dial look (set to non-giveaway date) in the first pic adds to the "Franken" look...

For Pete's Sake change those freakin' loose/bent $2 pins in the bracelet and clean it up... why let a $15K watch go to the point where it looks like a $50 rep?

i took it back to an AD and they said they will send it to rolex and take care of everything.. so i'm guessing they will clean it up as well as do a movement overhaul.. which also means lining up the dial properly?

Edited by arminvanbuuren

LoL arent you the goober that got called out for a noobmaster?

Price doesnt mean good! That thing looks like it belongs on my grandfather who was buried 10 years ago!

*Also why would i hate the price?* insecure much?

yes that would be me mam.. at the end of the day it's still a rolex.. as far as being old concern.. i don't really care?

The watch needs a bath in jewelry cleaner and it would take the tarnish off the gold, which BTW, looks like real tarnished gold, so, although you have stated it is a gen , I would have thought it was as well. It is actually a classic Rolex design and while it may look a bit dated to the majotity here, it is still a beautiful watch