When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help with 112H Upgrade

bbell6

the watch is looking quite good to me and the strap is very nice too, (where is it coming from?)

Reluming these sandwich dials, it's pretty easy, so I would definitely go for it, sending just the under dial to one of the modders. if you are able to disassemble it, otherwise ship the whole watch, so that he will also make a full check up.

I'm not sure if the correct pinions are available somewhere, as recently I didn't follow up this issue.

Regarding the CG/crown, if you are not planning to replace the crown with a better one, I would surely add a gasket inside it, as this probably will solve the matter of lever being loose.

Definitely worth upgrading and modding.

That 111H rep version comes with first gen rep Swiss ETA 6497-1 mov't with CDG bridges and decorative Swan neck reg.

I own the very same version, bought it from Eddie Lee in June '06, so I assume your's is from a similar period.

Deffo a keeper, especialy now after the fact the "death" of E & H-series Swiss ETA6497 mov'ts in PAM reps had been announced by few dealers recently. ;)

cheers,

babola

the watch is looking quite good to me and the strap is very nice too, (where is it coming from?)

This may be blasphemous, but the strap is a rep breitling croc. Of all the straps I've ever worn this is one of the best. The only one that I've found to be comparable, and possibly slightly better is the authentic breightling that it copies. At approximatley $40 plus shipping from Ruby compared to close to $700 for the genuine, I consider it a steal. I only wish it came in a 20mm and I'd have one on my Rolex Sub. It is approximatley 8mm at its thickest and tapers to 3mm where it overlaps at the buckle (giving you approximately 8 mm everywhere).

I appreciate the input from everyone. Sounds like I got pretty lucky on my first Panerai rep. Guess all I need to do is send it off to be worked on.

Regarding the CG/crown, if you are not planning to replace the crown with a better one, I would surely add a gasket inside it, as this probably will solve the matter of lever being loose.

I'm not opposed to changing the CG/Crown, but it is my understanding that these are hard to find these days. And if I do find one, I might be better served to save it for the Jimmy Fu case I picked up recently. Of course, if I get real lucky and find two, I suppose I could upgrade this one.