When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Nightmare with my Tag Link Chrono

chuck

So the other day my fiance was playing with my watch starting the chrono and stopping it and resetting it. Somehow she messed it up I think she might have pressed both pushers at the same time or something. It ended up not being able to stop the chrono. So me being the smart ass I opened it up just to take a look. Long story short I ended up dismantling half of the damn thing. I took out the top bridge (don't know if that is the proper name for the part) and everything exploded in my face. I really didn't know those particular parts were under that much tension. You're probably asking yourself why the hell did he take that part out if it was a pusher problem. Well when I took the rotor off I noticed the tiny spring noted in the picture below was almost completely off. Thats when my exploration turned to disaster. I know I shouldn't have gone as far as removing this "bridge" but it's too late.

I know i'm missing one spring or something cause when it exploded one flew across my face and fell somewhere on the floor. Still haven't found it...

Now my question is should I try getting another Asian 7750 or have The Zigmeister redo it (if he even has time, I know he's busy with the AR's)?

I really love this watch. It was my first rep and I wear it almost everyday. It actually brought a tear to my eye when everything fell apart.

I knew I would eventually have to have it serviced but jeez its only been a year and now I did this :(

I even bought a set of hand removers cause I had a problem with the Chrono seconds not resetting to 12 so I was going to adjust them when I recieved the remover, so much for that now. Sigh...

Anyways it's late i'm going to cry myself to sleep now. Here are the pics of what was left.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

IMG_3935-1.jpg

IMG_3937.jpg

I'm not sure, he's an apprentice dealer and also the one that offered a Swiss Cousteau for $400, so I think the jury's still out. You could try contacting ajoesmith, he recently bought a batch of A7750s and he's totally legit - I bought two Swiss movements from one of his earlier group buys which went perfectly B)

• 5 weeks later...
So the other day my fiance was playing with my watch starting the chrono and stopping it and resetting it. Somehow she messed it up I think she might have pressed both pushers at the same time or something. It ended up not being able to stop the chrono. So me being the smart ass I opened it up just to take a look. Long story short I ended up dismantling half of the damn thing. I took out the top bridge (don't know if that is the proper name for the part) and everything exploded in my face. I really didn't know those particular parts were under that much tension. You're probably asking yourself why the hell did he take that part out if it was a pusher problem. Well when I took the rotor off I noticed the tiny spring noted in the picture below was almost completely off. Thats when my exploration turned to disaster. I know I shouldn't have gone as far as removing this "bridge" but it's too late.

I know i'm missing one spring or something cause when it exploded one flew across my face and fell somewhere on the floor. Still haven't found it...

Now my question is should I try getting another Asian 7750 or have The Zigmeister redo it (if he even has time, I know he's busy with the AR's)?

I really love this watch. It was my first rep and I wear it almost everyday. It actually brought a tear to my eye when everything fell apart.

I knew I would eventually have to have it serviced but jeez its only been a year and now I did this :(

I even bought a set of hand removers cause I had a problem with the Chrono seconds not resetting to 12 so I was going to adjust them when I recieved the remover, so much for that now. Sigh...

Anyways it's late i'm going to cry myself to sleep now. Here are the pics of what was left.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

The little "spring" that flew off is part of the heart/cam assembly that runs the 30-minute counter. Without it, the mini-hands won't reset properly.

Your seconds hand not resetting to 12 would be caused by a slipping hand. Common with plenty of A7750 movements.

It is fixable, but without previous trial-and-error, you're bound to mess something else. Purchase a new movement and re-install the hands yourself if you have the confidence.

It is not really as bad as you think. That little U-shaped spring normally sticks out a bit, which is why you may have mistaken it for being 'completely off' (or maybe it was). Anyway, it easily slides into place after the rest of the components have been reassembled. I cannot direct a newbie on how to reassemble everything from here, especially, if you may still be missing 1 or more parts. But Ziggy should be able to put it back together within minutes. However, my guess is that he would require you to allow him to overhaul the entire movement while he has it so you do not end up with additional problems soon after you get it back (most of the movements used in reps leave the factory in very poor condition).