When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can Anyone Identify This Movement?

archibald

I think I caught a local Pawn shop sleeping--they have a Muller Long Island Monoplusante Chrono sitting among their stock rolexes and omegas, marked about 18% of retail (still a healthy sum). The problem is it's not working, and they won't let me take it to a smith. Like the sign says, all sales are final.

Since muller does not have the reputation for using expensive movements, I'm figuring that if this is a Lemania 1872, I can source one and then have my watchsmith swap out the monoplusante mechanism. If I ever sell the watch, I'll then have the muller movement serviced.

Here is the best pic I can find on the Web:

post-53-1150383915_thumb.jpg

that movement looks very expensive to me! doesnt look like a regular lemania or valjoux manual chrono

You're right, Slay...I poked around the web this evening and figured out it is indeed a Piguet 1180 handwind w/ a monopulsante mechanism by Jaquet. This also means the pawnborker wasn't sleeping at all--4 grand for the watch and probably, as Admin just found out w/ his watch, another 4 to get it fixed. Still a pretty good deal for that particualr watch, but out of my league.

I was thinking that anyone who wanted to sell you a dead watch but not give you the option of finding out how much it will cost to fix it is not to be trusted in the first place. <_<

Ken