When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TWP modded 111h

keeno

Today i received my modded PAM111h from TWP. I had some problems with the first watch i ordered from him so i posted it back to him and he sent me a replacement. It arrived very well packaged and with a Kevlar divers strap free of charge for my trouble which is fantastic!!!!

It comes modded with high cannon pin, double AR and superlume. I also went for the new asian 6497 movement after reading good things about them here.

Overall im happy with the watch and think it looks great with the kevlar strap.

I would appreciate it if you could give your honest opinion on it and any advice for future mods!

Sorry for the bad pictures, ive only got my phone camera at the moment!!

Thanks

Steve

post-2905-1201802429_thumb.jpg

post-2905-1201802450_thumb.jpg

post-2905-1201802464_thumb.jpg

Edited by keeno

Honest opinion...it looks like they took a huge step backwards with the OFFICINE PANERAI engraving on the bridge.

Well to be honest the engraving on the first watch i received was much better. I presume there the same movement just with a different engraving?

heres a picture of the previous movement.

post-2905-1201895975_thumb.jpg

Edited by keeno

I'm sorry to be the one to break it to you, but that is not the new Asian movement. That is the asian movement with the bad "Officine Panerai" from about 2 years ago. It looks like the paint isnt really even in the engraving. The font is wrong, the wrong size, and the spacing looks uneven. Is it just me or does the crown look far off the case? Either way on the wrist it looks good and if it runs good no one will see the back anyway. I'd be more concerned about the crown then the back. It looks like he left it out far to cover up the gap between the crown and the crown guard. The strap is nice and like I said it looks really nice on the wrist.

I'm sorry to be the one to break it to you, but that is not the new Asian movement. That is the asian movement with the bad "Officine Panerai" from about 2 years ago. It looks like the paint isnt really even in the engraving. The font is wrong, the wrong size, and the spacing looks uneven. Is it just me or does the crown look far off the case? Either way on the wrist it looks good and if it runs good no one will see the back anyway. I'd be more concerned about the crown then the back. It looks like he left it out far to cover up the gap between the crown and the crown guard. The strap is nice and like I said it looks really nice on the wrist.

If you look at the picture of the movement of the first watch he sent me is that one the " new " asian movement?

Also the movement with the bad " Officine Panerai " engraving seems to tick slower than the one with the good engraving.

I too am a bit concerned about the crown, it does seem to stand off the case a bit too much.

Edited by keeno

Honest opinion...it looks like they took a huge step backwards with the OFFICINE PANERAI engraving on the bridge.

It doesn't look like an engraving at all. I think it is the stick on letters. I have a watch like this and one of the a's fell off so I removed all of them so I would not end up with some letters in my works/gears. They were crooked anyway just like these pictured are so I figured it was beater watch anyway what the hey.