When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New model MBK PP Nautilus Jumbo?

ahchard

I was in bkk last week and went to mbk to buy a pp nautilus jumbo as a present for my dad. I am no expert so I just took whatever I was given without looking in too much detail. I also went back the next day to get the 2008 mbk submariner after seeing all the hype here!

Today I gave the watch to my dad, but he doesn't like it!!! He has a gen TT datejust so he told me that I can keep the Nautilus. So then I took a closer look at the watch and something didn't seem right.

My nautilus has dots instead of ticks on the dial!!! Is this a new mbk model? Would this make it more accurate? I saw the same model in an AD in KL... anyone have this mbk model with dots as well?

Another question I have is does the nautilus have a sapphire crystal? When i use my fingernail to tap the crystal, it does not feel as solid as my other reps. Is it because the nautilus has a very thin crystal?

Also, the clasp on the bracelet is held by two pins to the bracelet. It is very loose and came off just now when I was playing with the watch. Is there a way to have it better secured?

i got it from THE mbk shop... it has the dots instead of the grid design... but still has swiss made instead of swiss... so it is not a chinese version... so i am quite sure mbk made a new model. i did not ask him when i bought it as i did not realise it had a diff dial... will post photos when i have time. am on holiday so dont have a lot of time and internet connection sux.

Looks nice !

Looking at the clasp, it could look like the Chinese version, although the Chinese has the "swiss" and not "Swiss made". But I must say it would not make sense.

Shouldn't the MBK have the AP clasp ?

How is the finish of this clasp ? Is it correctly polished even on the sides ?

Last question : I'm curious to know what is the price of these at the source...

looks like a black face MBW, the regular ones... only the blue face have the incorrect (but beautifull) face.

(pic from paso)

DSCN6151.JPG

Thanks for clarifying... i had no idea the black and blue dial were different!

@Pix: Clasp finish is good, but the whole clasp is brushed not polished... and i don't understand why it should have AP clasp? Price at source is 10,000 baht which I think has been mentioned before.

Actually the blue one has this clasp. Therefore my question.

But all this has now become clear, as it seems the black version has always been different... or more accurately, the blue one has always been :)

I was not aware of the price : sounds more than fair compared to the chinese one...