When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

You Can Build a Nearly Perfect 116520 Daytona

freddy333

I do not know what a 'setting level jumber' is or what type of 'adjustments' you are making to it (as far as I know, there are no adjustments required for 7750 keyless works), but if the stem keeps falling out, either you are not fully seating the stem or the set lever may be bent or out of position.

Hi Freddy,

I meant the setting lever jumper plate (strange auto correct in the last post!), that is the part that screws over the keyless works and has the spring bar that provides tension for the release pin (the setting lever). I was bending the spring part slightly to ensure that the setting lever was firmly locating into the stem groove.

I may have to rebuild it again and to do some careful examination of all the parts and the workings of the mechanism.

Thanks!

Phil

• 2 years later...
  • 6 years later...
On 1/6/2014 at 4:39 PM, philbone said:

Hi Freddy,

I meant the setting lever jumper plate (strange auto correct in the last post!), that is the part that screws over the keyless works and has the spring bar that provides tension for the release pin (the setting lever). I was bending the spring part slightly to ensure that the setting lever was firmly locating into the stem groove.

I may have to rebuild it again and to do some careful examination of all the parts and the workings of the mechanism.

Thanks!
Phil

Phil -- Sorry for not responding sooner, but I have not been here regularly for awhile.
As to your non-locking stem, you likely pressed the release pin a bit too hard, which misaligned the spring that locks the stem in place. Assuming you have not damaged the part (unlikely, unless you used something along the lines of a hammer/nail to release the stem), once the dial is removed you should be able to spot the problem by inserting the stem & noting where the stem is supposed to be 'latched'. Then, just realign the parts.
Hope this helps.