When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Considering a titanium

MajorBobL

I don't have a titanium watch in my collection and I'm considering this from Joshua:

BreitlingSeawolfTitanium.jpg

A review in this forum says: "The version with the correct bezel and strong AR is probably one of the best Breitling reps I've seen."

I've been very happy with watches from Joshua in that the actual watch far surpasses the photos he has. I'm not really impressed with this pic, and wanted to get some feedback from anyone who may have this watch.

this is the 2nd version of this rep...it is definitely not worth in my opinion the $$$, it has big flaws compared to the 1st edition - for example it completel misses the He escape valve on the left side of the case...the 1st version of this rep is considered to be one of the best reps out there...however the 1st version is not available anymore, it appears rarely on the 2nd hand market and goes for 400$+...good luck in finding one!

so better save your money for something else....there are a lot of great reps around...

I don't have a titanium watch in my collection and I'm considering this from Joshua:

BreitlingSeawolfTitanium.jpg

A review in this forum says: "The version with the correct bezel and strong AR is probably one of the best Breitling reps I've seen."

I've been very happy with watches from Joshua in that the actual watch far surpasses the photos he has. I'm not really impressed with this pic, and wanted to get some feedback from anyone who may have this watch.

how about the iwc gst chrono?

Thanks for the feedback guys.

dadog13 - I was using the review by By-Tor. I guess his review was that of the 1st generation.

he_haupt - I was looking at IWC, but I have 3 chronos now. I wanted to steer away from those. What did catch my eye was this Ingenuier AMG:

iwcingenuier.jpg

But I'd prefer a gray face rather than black. There's a good review by Stephanaie too. see it here

Edited by MajorBobL

dadog13 - I was using the review by By-Tor. I guess his review was that of the 1st generation.

correct...he was reviewing the 1st generation...that like I said is not available anymore by the dealers...eventually to be found on the 2nd hand market

Well... Ti, non chrono. You have quite a limited choice. How about PAM? There are really decent selection of PAM on Ti. For example 036, 177 or 196. I am a fan of Ti watches too. I can't think of anything else of something non chrono with Ti except the watches mentioned above (Breitling Seawolf, AMG Ingenieur, etc.). Maybe a Corum Admiral's Cup 48 (this is a big watch and has base movement Asian 7750).

Alternatively, go and get a decent genuine. I would recommend this model here: Omega SMP Ti. Can be had on preowned market for less than 1500USD.

DSCN6789small.jpg

Well... Ti, non chrono. You have quite a limited choice. How about PAM? There are really decent selection of PAM on Ti. For example 036, 177 or 196. I am a fan of Ti watches too. I can't think of anything else of something non chrono with Ti except the watches mentioned above (Breitling Seawolf, AMG Ingenieur, etc.). Maybe a Corum Admiral's Cup 48 (this is a big watch and has base movement Asian 7750).

Alternatively, go and get a decent genuine. I would recommend this model here: Omega SMP Ti. Can be had on preowned market for less than 1500USD.

DSCN6789small.jpg

Thanks for the input. I'll look again at the PAMs, but I'm not a big fan of large watches. 42mm is about the biggest my scrawny little wrist can handle.

I really like Ti watches too,,a few months ago I could have picked up the SMP Ti used and in good shape for around 700 (usd) and, if you can believe it I passed it up..In looking at rep vs. gens I'm not sure if it's the quality of the Ti or the finish, but there does seem to be a noticle difference in feel between the two.

I really like Ti watches too,,a few months ago I could have picked up the SMP Ti used and in good shape for around 700 (usd) and, if you can believe it I passed it up..In looking at rep vs. gens I'm not sure if it's the quality of the Ti or the finish, but there does seem to be a noticle difference in feel between the two.

That's what I'm seeing too. That's why I asked the question about the pics on Joshua's site and what the actual watch looks like. I was in St. Admin back in December and saw the Tissot T-Touch. I was impressed with the quality and multiple functions, but was in a rush and didn